2011.03.23 Frye Hearing - Afternoon portion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG belated light bulb over my head re: JB bringing up would cadaver dogs hit on a placenta...

Are they trying to say that the family buried Caylee's placenta in the backyard? I know folks who have done this as part of their (very respectful) ritual around the birth of a baby.
Your post edited for brevity.

Yes, but wasn't Caylee born in the hospital? If so, I don't think they would let the placenta go with out some record of the pt taking it home. That is, if they would let it go at all, rather I'm thinking they might think of it as a "hazardous material," to prevent indiscriminate disposal, much as blood product, etc.

IIRC, it was said the playhouse had been removed, and pavers had been moved or removed. From what I remember, my impression was that "yard work" had been done since the day before.

The biggest part: IMHO was when LDB also said, "and Bones did not get his trained hit the second day."

It makes me think some unusual people decided to muck up some more evidence...imo.

A light rain would usually not disturb the sent, and in some cases even intensify it. However, if the lawn had received a heavy sprinkling, from say, underground lawn sprinklers or a garden hose, sent cells might well be washed away.

I would not doubt that a strong watering did occur, as they do seem to want to "clean" everything in sight and after the lawn was trampled on by a bunch of LE, I can see them go right out and hose it down or let the sprinklers have at it.

IIRC she said it was the very next day after Bones alerted that LE returned with the dog. Would LE have disturbed the ground knowing that they would be returning? Don't know the timeline but I do recall the Anthony's were searching the yard, removing and looking under the playhouse, and had done extensive yard modifications the very next day (according the sargaent's (sp?) testimony.

-------------
I think the A's said they had moved a hyderangea (sp) plant ? I thought how convenient, :banghead:why not just hang a sign.No brains!

OMG belated light bulb over my head re: JB bringing up would cadaver dogs hit on a placenta...

Are they trying to say that the family buried Caylee's placenta in the backyard? I know folks who have done this as part of their (very respectful) ritual around the birth of a baby.

Dunno. Seems to me, today's testimony indicated that cadaver dogs are to be trusted, and that they hit on KC's car and in various spots in the backyard.

The mention of the baby teeth being buried really does help the defense. They were not talking about Caylee imo but Lee and Casey's teeth. I have never nor do I know of anyone that buried the placenta or baby teeth.I would want proof other than Cindy and George's word. These dogs are trained for HRD so even if they didn't find a body where the alerted it's still very likely that there was one there at some time. I thought the teeth were very interesting because I saw a handler from the twin towers tragedy say that teeth are used to train these dogs amongst other things of course. For it to be a win for the defense JP will have to disallow all testimony about decomposition which I don't see happening. Too much evidence in the car.

My son and his wife brought the placenta home from the hospital and planted it with a tree in their yard. So it is possible.

My son and his wife brought the placenta home from the hospital and planted it with a tree in their yard. So it is possible.

...and there would be records thereof. If there are, then that dog might hunt. If there are not, then I think the teeth story isn't going to fly.

The mention of the baby teeth being buried really does help the defense. They were not talking about Caylee imo but Lee and Casey's teeth. I have never nor do I know of anyone that buried the placenta or baby teeth.I would want proof other than Cindy and George's word. These dogs are trained for HRD so even if they didn't find a body where the alerted it's still very likely that there was one there at some time. I thought the teeth were very interesting because I saw a handler from the twin towers tragedy say that teeth are used to train these dogs amongst other things of course. For it to be a win for the defense JP will have to disallow all testimony about decomposition which I don't see happening. Too much evidence in the car.

It will not happen. Just as even some of the claims by Fairgrieve will be completely ignored. They can cry "but you didn't find a body there!" until they are blue in the face. But the body was found within walking distance and wrapped in, disposed of with unique and identifiable items that tie it back to that house. The dogs data is corroborated. Period. The defense is still harping on arguements that would have made great sense in Nov 2008, but became irrelevant as soon as the remains were discovered.

The thing is, if this was true and the placenta was where the dogs hit, the A's would have been screaming this to the media. Just like they screamed the smell in the car was pizza and/trash. I am not buying it.

...and there would be records thereof. If there are, then that dog might hunt. If there are not, then I think the teeth story isn't going to fly.

It's entirely possible the dogs did alert because there were teeth buried there, that's what they are trained to do HRD. I would really like to see if that is the case. These dogs also hit on the car and the defense is desperately trying to get all of that thrown out. JB is backed into a corner on this one. He can't discredit the dogs yet say AH HA it was baby teeth in the yard then that would prove that the dogs are in fact accurate. Which brings us to the car. Much more problematic.

The thing is, if this was true and the placenta was where the dogs hit, the A's would have been screaming this to the media. Just like they screamed the smell in the car was pizza and/trash. I am not buying it.

It does sound like some new revelation that Cindy will gladly testify to.

I have worked with my dog using teeth, its not uncommon. However, if teeth were buried there, I'd sure think the dog would hit on that spot 2 days in a row. The fact that he did not, would strongly lead me to doubt teeth were buried there.

It will not happen. Just as even some of the claims by Fairgrieve will be completely ignored. They can cry "but you didn't find a body there!" until they are blue in the face. But the body was found within walking distance and wrapped in, disposed of with unique and identifiable items that tie it back to that house. The dogs data is corroborated. Period. The defense is still harping on arguements that would have made great sense in Nov 2008, but became irrelevant as soon as the remains were discovered.

ITA. If there was never a body found this could be arguement that Caylee may still be alive. It could have possibly gave Casey the benefit of the doubt and aquitted her had this trial would have happend before the baby was found. The bottom line is Caylee was found decessed. By the A's home - and the last person to see her alive was her mother. Who by the way never reported her missing.

The defense can "wag the dog" as much as they want, it does not change the fact that Caylee just did not place herself in the bag behind her parents house. She was placed there. In order to be placed there, she had to be taken or at least missing for awhile. Who would know she was missing? Her mom. Where was her mom? Parying in night clubs and cashing stolen checks at target to purchase beer. :waitasec:

I know it's coming in. This is not new science and has been used in many, many trials.

IIRC, it was said the playhouse had been removed, and pavers had been moved or removed. From what I remember, my impression was that "yard work" had been done since the day before.

The biggest part: IMHO was when LDB also said, "and Bones did not get his trained hit the second day."

It makes me think some unusual people decided to muck up some more evidence...imo.

Does anyone remember WHEN LE went to the A's and done the investigating? I didn't think it was that soon? The 17th or 18th? I'm thinking with GA's background in LE , maybe they tried to destroy evidence?

CA has Caylee's placenta. She showed it to Greta. Scratch that one.

It does sound like some new revelation that Cindy will gladly testify to.

Of course she would now and purger herself. I wonder if the hospital would have a record of the placenta going home with them? I am not sure how that works, but in any event, this is a easy fix. Lets get a warrant and dig up the spot to bring in whats left of the placenta.

Also, why would the dogs hit at the placenta one day and not the next? Surely, it would still be burried there? Lastly, what does the cadevear dogs have to do with where Caylee was found? Unless they are going to argue that the body found was not Caylee, and she is still alive... this all seems pointless. Even if the dogs did hit on the A's backyard, it does not mean KC did it...just that Caylee was deceased. Which we already know anyways?

Does anyone remember WHEN LE went to the A's and done the investigating? I didn't think it was that soon? The 17th or 18th? I'm thinking with GA's background in LE , maybe they tried to destroy evidence?

Friday, July 18, 2008 :banghead::banghead:

CA has Caylee's placenta. She showed it to Greta. Scratch that one.

The fact CA has it actually helps the defense. They could say that they planned to bury it placed it there and decided to keep it in a jar instead? Still does not change the fact that Caylee was ultimately found behind the house and never reported missing.

Thank you gamom for getting my head re-set. Whether or not the cadaver dog "testimony" is allowed, or whatnot, the defense has yet to explain:

- 31 days of partying
- human noses attached to human beings who report the trunk smells of death
- 3 layers of duct tape affixed so as to hold Caylee's mandible to her skull after decomp and Nature doing what Nature does
- KC's written and spoken lies, upon lies, upon lies.

I trust the testimony of a German Shepherd "Bones" more than I trust the testimony of Dr. Fairgrieve, but should His Honor decide that the testimony of both are irrelevant (and I do NOT think he will), there will still be ample evidence to show that KC is a murderess, pure and simple.

The fact CA has it actually helps the defense. They could say that they planned to bury it placed it there and decided to keep it in a jar instead? Still does not change the fact that Caylee was ultimately found behind the house and never reported missing.

Do you reeaallllly think the CA would part with anything from Caylee much less let it get dirty. Remember they had dogs. Burying things not such a good idea with dogs around. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!