2011.03.23 Frye Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm Shouldn't we not be able to hear the sidebar? Not that I'm complaining...

during cross, I will grant you the leeway to question her. whether or not this study is something she uses to base her opinion.

So the defense is going to flog every possible slight little thing they possibly can... Ok I guess we're in for the long haul.

:rocker: LAST time I :innocent: checked: RESEARCH in SCIENTIFIC FIELDS :banghead: didn't S T O P just because this felon was EVENTUALLY going to trial! :floorlaugh:

I will say one thing about Dorthy Clay Sims... she is a pitbull... I have no idea what she is talking about or even what her point is, but she likes to jump on an issue and not let it go. That's a good thing in defending her client, but a bad thing for us who would rather her this lovely witness continue with her testimony.

If the manuscript has not been published and reviewed how can it be used anyway? AND even it is approved it sounds as if it's just going to help prove the pros. case.

Seriously.

This is just a preview of how the trial is going to run...defense always objecting and asking for sidebars. :loser:

Jeff Ashton isn't sure what Defense is asking for right now?

frizzy haired lady (don't know her name), JB, and SA go to side bar.

Judge: is witness using this study in the testimony provided today. Can anything be exculpatory? The FBI is not the only one who conducted this study; there are probably many out there. Let's get this threshold question answered. If not, you may still have a point -- let's find out if witness is utilizing this study which she is forumulating her opinion on today. It is very difficult for me to determine what it is, if it's not in it. Maybe during your cross examinination, I will grant you the latitude to determine if this study has a relationship to what she is testifying to here today.

Jose: That there are samples that indicate early stages of decomposition (almost agreeing with the witness).

JA: What is counsel asking us to do NOW?

(Sorry - can't hear fuzzy haired lady)

Sounds like defense wants to take a deposition of the witness to detemine if it expulcatory evidence.

JA: agrees. Wants to make it clear that the FBI came forward on their own.

Judge: the clerk will make a copy (of something).

Over half hour already wasted!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

:rocker: LAST time I :innocent: checked: RESEARCH in SCIENTIFIC FIELDS :banghead: didn't S T O P just because this felon was EVENTUALLY going to trial! :floorlaugh:

Thank you so much for your unbiased opinions.......LOVE THEM!!!!!!!:rocker:---

I am so happy you are here today to help walk us through this!!

Also...Sims needs to speak up...geesh...she's in the courtroom...and I can't hear a thing she says....hey lady! Stick a mic in your mouth!

So the defense is going to flog every possible slight little thing they possibly can... Ok I guess we're in for the long haul.

But facts are facts and nothing is going to change the fact that Caylee lay dead in KC's car trunk, duct tape over her mouth and possibly her nose...nothing! But JB et. el will fight tooth and nail to prove fact as fiction.:banghead:

I don't think that DS gets it.

From what is sounds like, the Cook study only studied dead bodies and can only prove that some hairs from dead bodies do not show the banding.

The other study referring to antigen hairs from live people can show some signs of decomp (but not the banding) is not complete and no manuscript exists.

From what we have heard today, post motum banding ONLY has been seen is hairs from dead bodies. Other signs of decomposition have been found in both studies, from both dead and live specimens.

If the manuscript has not been published and reviewed how can it be used anyway? AND even it is approved it sounds as if it's just going to help prove the pros. case.

Seriously.

The information CAN be "used" by anybody who has access or knowledge that it exists: BUT be ready to have a "fight" regarding the strength of the information within the scientific community! YES, from what has been released.....sounds like that the info will ADD to the prosecution data.:waitasec:

D. Simms is asking the lady questions. I am sorry I do not exactly understand who the lady is that is speaking. Who does she represent?

The witness said "No sir... yes ma'am" to Dorthy Clay Sims :floorlaugh: Oops.

Was Jeff Ashton finished with his questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member