2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA: studies of odors given off by portions of the human body. these are studies of your students, correct?
my students and myself, yes.

much of your work is that of your students that you supervise?
yes that is how it works at the academy.

but none of your personal research has never involved human decomp, correct?
yes.
what?

The cadaver dogs.
I thought you said it was your student mr. chow and miss tolaver.
yes myself and miss tolaver and mr. chow.

JA: what personal research have you done.
I have been there when they do research.

You rarely go in the field with them, correct.
They are to do it themselves.

You put it in as your work.
yes.

OMG JA is showing his brilliance!! :great:

Oh man, this line of questioning regarding "research that his students do vs his actual research" will be devestating in front of a jury. The jurors will take one look at Dr. Vass, who does it all himself and published his findings and compare it to this guy who is the research advisor or "supervisor" for other peoples work, and come to their own immediate conclusions.

Can JA be my defense attorney? Will he go that way? :lol:

What personal research you have you personally done that does not involve students, in this area.

I was there with my students - with them, we work as a team.
You are not there for their research - yes, they are required to do this on their own.
All the work in decomposition has been done with your students, none by yourself.
Answer - yes.

My son is watching with me and yelling at the TV as much as I am! LOL

I wonder how his students feel?

Can someone clarify for me whether this Doctor is being called in for chloroform or for the K9? Or both?

Furton will not endear himself to a jury...one word....

B O R I N G !!!!

I share that I do not enjoy this witness in the spirit of how the jury might interpret his testimony. Boo. :yuck: I wonder if they will find him as unappealing as I? :dunno:

ITA This is the first hearing I am not following closely, and I am usually riveted on what is going on. JMO.

JA: all of your work has been done with your student. You have never done work on your own.

yes.

/me objection: his testimony is hearsay
the work is his students (which they do most of the work on their own), not his own work

I would also suggest the students to ask for a refund. ;)

WHAT? NOT DO ONE'S OWN research?????

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Somebody call YALE, HARVARD, COLUMBIA heck, MIT with the news!.......They'll be plenty of free time available in college/university labs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awesomewallflower