2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this guy the Defense Team's "All Purpose" expert? He testified to decomp, chloroform, and now cadaver dogs????

What's next - he'll opine on cell phone pings?

An opinion on everything and an expert on nothing IMO.

He must have read a lot of books ....

none of the attys get paid....(IIRC---)--they are private

CM is not, as far as I know, but he is not there for most of this, and will bill accordingly. JB could be, I just lost track if he applied or not.

Haha, JB says he isn't going to take that long with this section of questioning....

I doubt there will be any time for the SA to cross this particular witness...there may be time for JB's other expert witness...we will be here Sat., Sun., and all of next week if Baez is allowed to drone on and on.

So is this guy the Defense Team's "All Purpose" expert? He testified to decomp, chloroform, and now cadaver dogs????

What's next - he'll opine on cell phone pings?

An opinion on everything and an expert on nothing IMO.

That is what I was just wondering. So he is the expert on all the above?

Jose is asking about residual odor.
Asking about the training logs of the dogs, their training as it relates to residual odor.

Vehicle line ups?

The jury will see Casey trying to get out of being guilty by finding technicalities. That just keeps on going on in my head, over and over again as I listen to Jose question.

He is giving them the rope to hang themselves. HHJP has been to this rodeo before, he sees what they are doing TRUST ME !!!!:twocents:

Totally agree!! He's just playing it cool. At least I hope so!

How many times is JB going to say "Well let me ask you this first." or "Well let me ask you this before." ?

It's a little bit better than last week when he would say "I'll get back to that in a minute" and then never went back to that line of questioning! :banghead: I noticed he would say this every time he would get close to having the expert answering a question he didn't want to be answered.

Baez is asking if he saw any indication that the dogs used in this case had residual odor training.

Witness - No

What have I missed???? I'm in the process of preparing fact witness depositions and I've been trying to pop in and keep up!!! The news thread said HHJP yelled????

I would think some of his wages comes from the time My. Lyons is out working...

In the am thread there was a post re: JW which said they're probably close to losing it & may need an "arrest"=a trip to the mental ward..Who is JW? I probably already know but am drawing a blank..TIA!

I"m a bit tired of HHJP feeling obliged to "help" JB when he is floundering. Will HHJP be feel obliged to argue the case for him also?

He's not "helping" JB. Remember, this is not at trial. It is a hearing in which the only audience that counts is HHJP. He is letting JB keep talking to bury himself deeper and getting it all on the record.

Who is this guy??? I thought the dog sniffing was over with?

CM is not, as far as I know, but he is not there for most of this, and will bill accordingly. JB could be, I just lost track if he applied or not.

cm is pro-bono---he is doing this for "fun"......no one can be paid anymore--I do believe that jb is the only one that really got any payment...there something about travel---but it isn't much--that is also why all the others left...MONEY-=apparently "passion for the case" doesn't pay much....:waitasec:

Sadly the snip doesn't catch the eye roll the preceeds the smirk. This reaction to LDB's correction of the pronunciation of Gerus.

Gerusis funny.PNG
click to enlarge

Who is this guy??? I thought the dog sniffing was over with?

It is supposed to be over. JB is JB. That is why I asked about billable hours and applications to as such once the trial is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton