2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I share that I do not enjoy this witness in the spirit of how the jury might interpret his testimony. Boo. :yuck: I wonder if they will find him as unappealing as I? :dunno:

JA - Objection - The question does not relate to FRYE.

Baez - This is more than just a FRYE motion.

Judge asking Baez to show how this relates to FRYE

What I'm trying to figure out is.. if SA loses on the chloroform issue will the jury still hear about the "car smelling like there's been a dead body in the damn car"?

I assume chloroform does not smell like decomposition. How much will this hurt the SA case if chloroform is tossed?

The jury will hear it from the 911 calls. IIRC - the calls will be admitted.

Salem

Michelle...if you are reading this tell him to PLEASE stop clicking that dam pen!

When I was a teenager, I had a sleepover and we ordered pizza. We didn't eat it all and I shoved the box under my bed so we could put the phone on the floor and dial the boys we liked.

I forgot about the pizza.

Months later, when my mom was making me pick my clothes off the floor, etc, I found the pizza beneath my bed. It had no smell at all. I tossed it, but looking back, I don't even want to think about the unpronounceable chemicals that kept the pizza from stinking up my room. The pizza itself resembled plastic and was hard like it too.
themoreyouknowf.jpg

I"m a bit tired of HHJP feeling obliged to "help" JB when he is floundering. Will HHJP be feel obliged to argue the case for him also?

TH on 'In Sessions' thinks Cindy will be a "sympathetic" witness..He must not know her history? I fear some of the jurors won't either.

What I'm trying to figure out is.. if SA loses on the chloroform issue will the jury still hear about the "car smelling like there's been a dead body in the damn car"?

I assume chloroform does not smell like decomposition. How much will this hurt the SA case if chloroform is tossed?

BBM

Yes. Judge Perry has already ruled the 911 calls will be admitted.

JA - Unless I've missed something this does not relate to FRYE.

Judge - Mr Baez?

Baez - The bold underlined capitalized portion is clear.

oh the judge is very soft spoken and when he just said "Mr. Baez" his eyebrow went up.

I swear everytime I hear JB say "the way I understand case law..." I want to scream "YOU DON'T!"

:banghead:"Everything you need is in the title! IT'S BOLD IT'S UNDERINED AND IT'S CAPITALIZED!"

Apparently that counts as case law.:banghead::banghead::loser::banghead:

I wish I was being sarcastic about this... but really JB's argument of law is "see I put it in the motions title, in bold, and underlined".

JA tone much much better :)

Is anyone watching cnn.com.live - could you repost the link for me please? Can't get past the budget speech and it is :pullhair:

We don't actually have live links posted anywhere except sprinkled in the first few pages of the AM without Mods discussion, unlike other hearings.

I see Baez pacing and pacing but does not sit in his chair. Does anyone else think that it might be because he's afraid of Casey touching him.

Interesting that you picked up on that. earlier I noticed he seemed to keep a barrier between them.....table, CM, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren