2011.04.06 Frye Hearing Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't read Dr. Vass's report since 2008?

Big Gulp before answer. The other articles read for specific prep fot this trial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggulp.PNG

Thank you HHJP. He wants to know when Logan read the articles. Sims questions but does not ask when he read them. HHJP interrupts and says again, "When did he read them?"

Reading an article long ago qualifis a chemist as an expert in human decomp? WTH?

Did DCS's just say this was a "lawsuit?" :floorlaugh: Oh boy, wrong courtroom honey! Wrong courtroom!

JA got him to admit he only read the article in relation to toxicology NOT decomp.

WELL DONE.

JA: is it true that your only involvement in this (decomp signature analysis) that you only read one of Dr. Vass' article?
BL: yes

DS: he read the 2008 Vass article and the Dr. Strephanolopolis (sic) was referenced in his deposition

I can hear JA!

decomp signature analysis is what the witness asked if that is what JA was speaking of...
JA said yes.

D. Sims is speaking of the stopoloplis article.

JA: speaking but cannot be heard.

JA asks: before you were hired by the defendant you only did anything in human decomp by reading Vass' article because it just happened to be in the journal

logan says: yes

LOLOLOL

objection is sustained!!!!

I think the wheels just came off the "Dr. Logan" as a decompositional expert plan.

HHBP objection will be sustained - quite evident he is not an expert witness in those areas. you may continue

Did Ms. Sims just say "lawsuit" twice? Ummmm. This is not a lawsuit.

this witness seems not to know why he is a witness and unlike the other defense witness it seems he refuses to lie.

HHJP: "It is quite obvious that you Miss Simms and Mr. Ashton have both read the articles discussed, but neither of you are experts..."

d sims: have you read anything about decomp of children?
no, I looked but no I did not find anything on that subject.

d sims: decomp signatures relating to children decomp, there are none.
yes
(repeat from objection)

d sims seems to be further asking what problems are there with dr. voss's findings when there are no articles on decomp signatures for children.

I took a chemistry class in high school, does that qualify me to be an expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QueenOfPain