2011.04.06 Frye Hearing Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so either, as everyone has a right to a fair trial. The Govenor & the FL Supreme court will have to continue funding (IMHO) until the end of trial.

However, what happens if JB asks for a continuance and the trial doesn't start until June, July, or Chrstmas?

Thanks,

Mel

The Governors funding is to get the county courts to May 31. On June 1 the next fiscal year starts so the courts should be fully funded from there, hopefully for the full 12 months.

DCS seems "out of her element" in a criminal case. For an attorney that owns "MD in a box" dot com.....

Judge Perry is already in a better mood!! Love his little laugh!! So cute!

He even tried to encourage DCS's by saying "you're getting there."

I am so confused by DS......have no idea what point she is trying to make, unless her goal is too bore everyone into a coma or help JA get plenty of exercise up and down objecting.....she will totally lose a jury...jmo

And we're back. HHJP's mood is noticeably improved. :)

Still unable to hear JA when he stands to object.

Back - Judge giggles...

DCS wanting to enter some evidence... documents.

JA Objection - Relevance

What happened to the confident DS's we seen a couple of weeks ago?

Food for thought: here's a name that was/was not on the defense witness list:

Marvin Schechter
Attorney
New York City

WHO just happens to be a participant in the aforementioned National Research Council report.....the document that DCS is hanging her hat on.....aka channeling LKB perhaps???????

They removed him IIRC.

DCS arguing....

Can't hear JA...

DCS saying it is a reference manual

Objection overruled.

There's a reason the DT keep referring to Dr. Vass' work as "experiments". It goes to Frye standards... I'll have to look it up to refresh my memory.

page 45 and 46 of the scientific evidence manual being admitted

objection

(cannot hear JA)

DS says that these two pages blah blah blah...... has to do with Dr. Vass' experiment and were these steps followed

(JA....says something)

DS says this is a reference says this is a reference guide

hhjp: objection overruled "I'll take it into evidence"

DS telling him to also consider page 37

JA saying something

HHJP asking DS to please tab the pages with stickies (no she di-int forget to do thaaaat?)

Now that the funding issue has been resolved, perhaps the DT will quit wasting time.
IMO, the look on Baez' face when HHJP announced the Governor had approved the funding was priceless.

RespectfullyQuoted Lanie :cool2:

I am curious, for scientific reasons about this "face" you witnessed. You are not the first to post that on this thread, so that is the second step in the scientific method...

if someone could "reproduce" that image, we would have confirmation of the hypothesis that Jose Baez may have had emotional distress and professional doubts as to whether or not his plan is coming together...

:floorlaugh:

I am no science major but what D.Sims and the defense team have been arguing, from my nobody perspective: is the scientific method and IMHO that is just silly. And I think a jury will find that silly also.

HHBP asking DS to tab all pages with sticky notes - he will consider those pages

Judge Perry is already in a better mood!! Love his little laugh!! So cute!

He even tried to encourage DCS's by saying "you're getting there."

I quite enjoyed that myself :) I think he's real happy about the remaining funding. It seems it would be something he would worry about -- especially overseeing so many other judges.

Mel

She is really frazzled, or is it just me??

judge handing them sticky notes to tab pages of reference. u see..... now icas box of school supplies wouldve come in handy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee