2011.04.06 Frye Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she has nowhere left to go. Reading an article does not make one an expert. HHJBP said as much without actually saying it.

Judge - You Ms. Simms and Mr. Ashton have read these articles, but that does not make you an expert. Objection Sustained!

Judge says he'll give his testimony the weight it deserves...giggle

He can answer but HHJJP will consider it's weight.

d sims: have you read anything about decomp of children?
no, I looked but no.

I know they have to, but I so HATE that they have to go there! Gee, I wonder why there's not much on decomposing children out there?

DS: It's my understnading you conduct research - decomp. signatures having to do with children?
BL correct
DS what is significance of research having to do with adults vs children?
JA objection
HHBP sustained

DS trying to show Logan a chart thru the vtc (she prefaces this with saying he may not be able to see it)

oh spare us she can't save this. He himself is stating he is not an expert.

Is there a point where the judge can put the brakes on this. We are fast approaching lunch and it seems again we have gotten nowhere.

RespectfullyQuoted Lanie :cool2:

I am curious, for scientific reasons about this "face" you witnessed. You are not the first to post that on this thread, so that is the second step in the scientific method...

if someone could "reproduce" that image, we would have confirmation of the hypothesis that Jose Baez may have had emotional distress and professional doubts as to whether or not his plan is coming together...

:floorlaugh:

I am no science major but what D.Sims and the defense team have been arguing, from my nobody perspective: is the scientific method and IMHO that is just silly. And I think a jury will find that silly also.

I would love to reproduce that image, but I do not know the scientific protocols for uploading pictures from my phone onto an online forum. If someone could produce a peer-reviewed paper detailing instructions on how to accomplish this, along with certified documentation that all instruments involved were tested extensively to confirm they were all in proper working order for this specific procedure, I believe I could not only duplicate the results, but also declare myself an expert on this topic.

okay Defense gang: Ya can't have it both ways here: attack Dr. Vass' METHODOLOGY in one sentence

then attack the interpretation of the RESULTS in the next!

then attack the "status" of Dr. Vass' chemistry interest/knowledge/skill set/accumen as part of his ability to interpert data!

PICK A level of battle!

Does DS just not get it?? Why continue this questioning?? Time is just being used.... and for what??

Baez is becoming befuzzled, he keeps putting his fingers to the bridge of his nose and squeezing...maybe a headache coming on, Baez???

You picked her....

DS: from a scientific standpoint why does it matter
BL in this particular test you are testing for volitile compounds - chemicals lost during storage - that will lead to lab results being different from one lab testing it to another one.

Is LDB asleep? Looks like she might have a huge migraine....I don't blame her. She is sitting with her head in her hands and looking down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member