2011.04.08 Frye Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DS going to provide a metric ruler to demonstrate to the Court and SA "just how small 2 mm is".

DT is making sense imhoo if what they are testifying to is true in terms of the root growth

((please State have something!))

A lesson in metrics. For the love of GAWD!!! Is this an attempt to waste time???

This is all really indicative of just how little the DT understands the actual science involved here, IMO. They are a step away from using felt puppets.

JA: I have no objection to the Court taking judicial notice of how long 2 mm is.

DSimms: as the court can see, two mm is very small. In his depo he says he cannot determine growth rate. Re: he science, and conclusions. He admits the plants grow faster than the rate in his report. did not measure the length although he says that is one way to measure the growth. He is in our opinion your honor a lay witness.

Shouldn't JB make every effort possible to be there on time? Why is he always late?

Dorthy Clay Sims giving her closing arguments? Talking about the plant growth and trying to convince the judge to not allow the plant root growth in. If everyone remembers, the State never asked any questions of the witnesses on Wednesday because originally Judge Perry was not going to include this in the Frye hearing, but the Defense filed an amended motion. Jeff Ashton simply wanted Judge Perry to read the depositions of Dr. Hall and Jane Bock (is she a doctor? I forget?) to help him make his decision. I believe Judge Perry was simply humoring the defense by allowing them to make their arguments in court?

Clearly the emphasis the DT is placing on root growth supports their strategy of SODDI. Otherwise...why such an issue??

DS is doing a good job this morning imhoo

((eta: I am actually following her logic I should have said))

Is this the closing of the root hearing? After this we move to the stain/photos? No offense to DCS but I hope she's not doing that one too, I find her pretty hard to listen to and keep my interest.

DCS saying that Dr. Hall said root growth is dependant on soil, but he didn't analyze the soil.

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't Dr. Halls work been cited along side Bock??

if what the Simms is saying is true I am highly concerned as to why the state would use Dr. Hall for this case

Is it just me or does HHJP always look bored to death when Dottie's talking?

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member