2011.04.08 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it basically that AL had an advantage of having the transcripts in real time while doing the jury selection, and did not have to rely on notes or memory as to what each prospective juror answered to questions by the attorneys? And AL knew how to glean info from the transcripts to use in further questioning of the jurors?

Without the real time transcripts, the lawyers have to just use their notes and memory and legal experience and common sense to know which jurors to try to strike, and which jurors to hopefully add?

For the most part yes. But...it went a bit further than that. She used the transcripts to identify a "common ground" with a particular juror so that she could relax them during questioning....she noted that this person was wearing a purple slip under her dress.....had deemed her a nut.....and later that juror was the one that hung the jury.

It wasn't so much her actual use of the transcripts, instead it was that she admitted that the transcripts are not typically available on the spot and that she "made up an excuse" that she had been running around between rooms and that she needed the transcripts to expedite things.

It was a clear contradiction between need and want.

Her want?...A fruitcake to hang a jury.

All I know is Casey Anthony shopping at a Home Depot and living at home..makes.no.sense. Unless ma or pa sent her, which I doubt. Why would it be a discovery matter if so. Nope, Casey+Home Depot smells like trouble to me.

Of course, I'll bet Cindy will have a HUGE latent memory revelation and tell some whopper about having sent her to get the items. :maddening:

Broward County here, nothing for me either.. thankfully! But I don't expect Broward or Miami-Dade County to be the place.

Nothing for me in Seminole County - I don't expect anything either - too close to Orange. And I do not want anything, either!

:shush:

Ooooh. The Chloroform searches were in March. I wonder what she bought at home depot May 23rd!

I guess if HDepot had video tapes of her buying we'd have seen them by now.

Quote Respect TotallyObsessed :)

The sealing was for the heart shaped sticker, is my understanding. The SA did not finish their depos with the new psychiatrists and will do that...friday...my brain is mush now...going to go play a few games of "risk." :blowkiss:

I am way behind, as my replying to this post will tell you (see, I do go back and read everything!) but my understanding was that JB said judge could rule from the motion. When JP asked JA if he wanted time to file he said it was the same argument and gave judge permission to rule based on his same objections.

While it was never stated what was under seal (that I heard, and it kinda negates the purpose of putting it under seal) I do believe that it might have been the photos the defense has objections to. I also thought I heard the judge say that they will schedule an in camera to review. In addition nothing was said in open court about them and the stack of cd's was on the table. I think I made a pic today that marks them. At one point KC or her legal assistant held them up and it was clear that was what they were.

If already answered - boo me, but please no :Banane27:!!!!!!!!

I saw that Patty (well Misha, thank you cutie pie) uploaded Rob from today. Was there anything else we needed off todays IS? If nobody requests anything I will delete it tomorrow night -- so write me inner office mail or post here -- or it really matters, do both!

Good one..
But, I think Lake Wales is still too close to Orlando...less than 50 miles..

I just checked..Lake Wales receives Orlando TV stations WFTV 9, WKMG 6, and WBRW 65 (FOX), WRDQ 27 (owned by WFTV)

Anyway the Judge might pick an island like Amelia Island? A place where tourism is key to economy and the financial and racial demographics are similar? <------ Not saying Amelia Island is, just asking if there is such an Island area? Seems to me, our always thinking JP is going to surprise the media somewhat, especially if he thinks it will take them/us a day to find them!

I am really... really interested in the Home Depot purchases for May 23rd and May 29th. Does anyone remember when the "Anything but clothes party" was? Could she have gotten the American flag from this location?

I do know that the June 29th Home Depot trip was to buy gas cans from what I remember? Casey was going to get her car that day.... but did she buy other products too? Cleaning materials?

I remember Ikea being mentioned, but don't really know much about it other than it says she is with Will.

I am really... really interested in the Home Depot purchases for May 23rd and May 29th. Does anyone remember when the "Anything but clothes party" was? Could she have gotten the American flag from this location?

I do know that the June 29th Home Depot trip was to buy gas cans from what I remember? Casey was going to get her car that day.... but did she buy other products too? Cleaning materials?

I remember Ikea being mentioned, but don't really know much about it other than it says she is with Will.
Home Depot is where we buy our duct tape...

"The controversial picture was taken on Sunday, May 25, 2008, at the party hosted by Iassen Donov.

"She was at our 'anything-but-clothes' party," Donov told investigators

"The controversial picture was taken on Sunday, May 25, 2008, at the party hosted by Iassen Donov.

"She was at our 'anything-but-clothes' party," Donov told investigators

I'm thinking Casey purchased the American flag she wore to this party on May 23rd at Home Depot. We know she borrowed Amy's duct tape (if I remember correctly) for this party. I'd still have to see the video to make sure.

So that leaves May 29th, 2008. I'm going to go look at the timeline and see if I can see what she was up to that day!

According to the timeline... May 29th is the night Casey and Caylee slept at Ricardo's home... but when he woke up Casey was still there and Caylee was gone (May 30th).

Interesting enough... Casey had just told Amy that Cindy was giving Casey the Hopespring home and that they could move in on May 27/28. So I really want to see what she purchased at Home Depot... if anything? Was Caylee with her?

Was he telling that to the defense?
Does that mean even diminished capacity would be considered a mental health defense, giving the SA the vehicle to have their expert examine her? :waitasec:

If JA has already filed a motion for state expert to examine, and he hasn't even finished the depos, he totally must believe they have the vehicle to examine her, imo. And I guessed that it would be the case.

Hope this hasn't been answered, but the way I recall it was(please correct me if I am wrong!!!!!)
The two experts were already listed for the mitigation phase.
Defense submitted late request to add them to guilt phase.
Judge said there is not a diminished capacity defense in Florida.
Defense said it would be testimony toward state of mind to refute testimony (of KC bizarre actions)...or whatever testimony they are expecting.
JA said they would depose them and reserved right to file motion to disallow them (for cause and probably for late filing too) if after their depositions were complete he would file motion asap to not interfere with schedule.
Today, JA said they deposed both 3 or 4 hours on Wed and did not finish. They have both scheduled next week (thought I heard him say on Wed then too) and that he would know if there was a motion that needed to be moved forward with then. JA also mentioned the state would want an evaluation and both JA and JP sounded as if ---they *expected* jb to want to object (but JA, IMHO didn't look a bit worried!)
Then jb asked to discuss sensitive matter -- side bar. Most likely included more talk of the psychological's and in my opinion as I said below (or above, depending on your page view settings!) I think the 'sensitive' issue was the crime scene photos and any other photos defense was reviewed and wants hearing on. I know I caught on the feed I was watching JP say if need be we will have an in camera. That would fit with issues surrounding photos defense wants to object to. (OMG, I ended a sentence with a preposition, but I am too tired to care! LOL)
Only other thing that might need an in camera is if KC wants to sell more photos, but I think cindy pulled a kc on those, so that IMHO is far fetched!

I guess if HDepot had video tapes of her buying we'd have seen them by now.

Sorry, quoting myself for correction, b/c can't edit. My mistake.

Musikman's list of videos definitely includes several from HDepot

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6312408&postcount=270"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - List of Motions **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

Does anyone want to guess why a video from July 23rd, 2008 (Casey was in jail) would be relevent? It's for Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway