2011.04.28 Emergency Media Motion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Future Juror posted this in today news.

CFNews13Casey (Casey Anthony News13)

BREAKING: hearing in #caseyanthony case at 1pm today. Defense motion objecting to secret jury selection location. -Longo

Just in, the TIME EXTENSTION was DENIED!!

Just in, the TIME EXTENSTION was DENIED!!

Where are you seeing this? OMG!!!!

And lookie, we get a hearing today!! WOOT! From the News thread:

CFNews13Casey (Casey Anthony News13)

BREAKING: hearing in #caseyanthony case at 1pm today. Defense motion objecting to secret jury selection location. -Longo

Time Extension denied - Was on IS just now.

Up in the news and Twitter threads, Adam Longo tweeted that there will be a hearing today at 1?? The defense objecting to secret location?

Could that be an error? Didn't Jose say in open court he didn't agree with the media motion?

ETA: Never mind. Just read above. Things happen quickly lately. Didn't know DT asked for more time.

Up in the news and Twitter threads, Adam Longo tweeted that there will be a hearing today at 1?? The defense objecting to secret location?

I think it has to do with the A's motion and the defense objection. :waitasec:

They have been saying all morning that the DT wants to proceed on Monday.

Could that be an error? Didn't Jose say in open court he didn't agree with the media motion?

ETA: Never mind. Just read above. Things happen quickly lately. Didn't know DT asked for more time.
Yes he did after being promted. JB had nothing to add at first. This motion was written by CM and it doesn't appear he even sent a copy to JB :)

:nevermind:

In the news thread, it appears the hearing is because the DT is objecting to the new venue location!

Ok, now I am thoroughly confused. (AGAIN!)

Why the H.E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS are the DT OBJECTING to the secret jury location???

JB agreed with with JP that it was only option! I heard him with my own wee ears!

WTH???

ETA - ohhhh. They are objecting to the location... now i get it. So when did they find out where the location is?

Ok, now I am thoroughly confused. (AGAIN!)

Why the H.E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS are the DT OBJECTING to the secret jury location???

JB agreed with with JP that it was only option! I heard him with my own wee ears!

WTH???

ETA - ohhhh. They are objecting to the location... now i get it. So when did they find out where the location is?

JB said in open court way back that they would probably object to the location chosen by HHJP as soon as he found out where it was. That was back when HHJP went over who would know what and when about the location. JB already knows that it's going to be shot down, but it's kind of done as a matter of course (not that JB generally does things as they should be done, but this one doesn't surprise or bother me). JP was expecting it, as were the SA, and it will be dealt with quickly - DENIED. IMO

So much energy needed now with the trial around the corner! Yippe to a hearing today!Thanks to all who consistantly post.

~Justice sweet Angel Caylee

P.S. My little Jack Russell named Cali, whom I accidently called Caylee last night xoxo

OMG. According to the WESH article on the news thread, CM wanted THIRTY DAYS to respond to the media motion!!!! How crazy is that? I wonder how hard the appellate judges laughed before denying that motion!

And it's just the motion for more time to respond that's been denied. I don't know if that means that the trial is still starting on time. I think the appellate court still has to rule on that? Or am I confused?

IMHO this decision was brilliant. No confidentiality agreement = no early warning to media where jury selection will be....HAHA...just what they deserve. They can wait just like everybody else.

Were the media members that signed the agreement going to find out on Sunday? And what I mean is, they weren't told already, right??

I predict it will get out by Sunday morning. jmo
I hope His Honor hasn't already told the media that signed the agreement. If so, now they don't have to keep it quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches