2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my choc chop cookie allowance for the day already. Just sayin'.

I'm a couple of rows behind the families. BC not here. JG gone for now.

BZ near me just joked about going to search a pond for the router using sonar and made a "ping. Ping." sound.

That sounds childish and inappropriate to me.

sorry to bug again, but my name is indicajane, and I am an addict.
I keep hitting refresh to see if anyone has the link to sign up for the text alerts?
I went to WRAL, couldn't find it to save my life :(
Leaving in just a minute or two.

But really who would want to do all that just to frame somebody???
Maybe someone desperate to make a case when there isn't one. I don't why they would do it but it happens. It sure looks they they created facts in this instance to try to make a case in the absense of one. Further it appears they removed facts when it did not fit their theory (ie., wiped cell phone/sim card). There are just too many things about the investigation and the prosecutions case that do not add up - not to mention collusion on the part of witnesses.

I keep hitting refresh to see if anyone has the link to sign up for the text alerts?

go to the abc site and sign up for their email account. once you do that, you will have the option to get text alerts.

All the way on the bottom of WRAL's page you should see an option for Email Alerts.

#coopertrial Mrs. Cooper is looking at a map of downtown. Scoping out celebration locations?

^^from guy in courtroom

For the experienced trial viewers....does a lengthy jury deliberation generally favor the Prosecution, Defense, or is it difficult to say?

This may be extremely inappropriate, but you are a very nice looking man, Art, if that is you. Someone else will have to answer your question, I don't have that answer.

Thank ya ma'am! That is the one I'm watching.

Ya know, it's all your fault I'm sitting here refreshing this thing instead of working!

:crazy:

the abc site does not need refreshing it turns on and off when something is going on in court

guy in courtroom also said jury would not look at NC's family or the prosecution when they came in.

Maybe the breaks have to do with a couple or few jurors really having issue with each other. Maybe a peacemaker or jury leader is cooling them off individually.

TWe really needed Google to verify/explain these files.

It's an interesting decision that lawyers have to make on technical testimony.

Do you put your expert on to only say: "I'm an expert, I examined everything, and in whole, I can say the data is genuine, here is what I found, here are the opinions I formed.

-or-

Do you teach the jurors how {google web servers, the Internet, browsers, operating systems, hard drives} work. Then explain what the evidence is, and how it fits or doesn't fit. That could be days of testimony to explain it, and with no feedback during the process, you have no idea if the jury "got it" or not.

To me it really shows a hole in our legal system. People with relevant expertise are weeded out during the jury selection process, and we're left with a jury making an uninformed decisions about technical evidence, or they are left relying on opinions of potentially skewed expert testimony.

This may be extremely inappropriate, but you are a very nice looking man, Art, if that is you. Someone else will have to answer your question, I don't have that answer.

Ok seriously. You just made me choke on the jelly beans I am inhaling.

They are having a long break. All of a sudden there are a lot of people on here!!

guy in courtroom also said jury would not look at NC's family or the prosecution when they came in.

Not sure how to interpret. Could be any reason, seems uncomfortable either way. Did they look at BC and Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siblingminds