2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think the jury could be asking how long before they can say they are a "hung jury" ?

BBM~
I dont believe the presiding judge is allowed to speak with the jurors alone. Think there is some judical law about that..as could be seen as coerrsive??..Maybe some lawyer here could clearify that.TYIA..I recall A Reno Nevda Judge getting in deep do do for doing that...Halverson rings a bell there for me:waitasec:

IIRC she was disbarred for a lot of reasons.

Hubby just came in, saw me on the computer and said "he's innocent".

Thinking maybe he'd heard a verdict but knowing there was no way he'd heard something before me... I said "No he's not" - meaning there's no verdict yet.

Hubby's response, "He is.... until proven guilty....".

Smart Axx. I hate it when he's not wrong.

Someone in the courtroom tweeted at 3:20 that the jurors were coming back to the courtroom.

I think maybe I got punked there. I closed my twitter feed. I can't take those people.

Ugh, can you tell this is my first "jury watch"?

why go there? They don't know anything we don't. And they are rude, too.

Anyone think the jury could be asking how long before they can say they are a "hung jury" ?

I think they have to come in and say they are hung and then the judge tells them too bad go back and give us a verdict.

trial watch virgin here too.

I will vote "GUILTY" for the next person who gives us the false alarm for the verdict being in, though. Reasonable doubt / smeasonable doubt. I'd vote for LIFE!

Is McDreamy in the courtroom? No one has reported on this today. Enquiring minds and all that jazz...

Dunno, but McTamper sure has spent a lot of time in the courtroom. Do you think he'll hire AS to represent him or go with the union attorney?

Verdict watch for me is a time for personal reflections of ALL I have read, heard and seen.....kinda sorta lika rabbit heading into their hole and sticking their head out occasionally to see if it is safe:floorlaugh:..I refuse to Judge the triers of facts..but will only agree or disagree with their findings..NO MORE NO LESS...Sometimes they do get it wrong, but it is not for me to fling accusations ....

As you have all noticed, I am not jumping into discussions, but be assured, I am reading, and waiting impatiently just like everybody else:rocker:

Salut to everybody..and will go back to my lurking mode for a while..and TY for the link to alternate feed..and courtroom tweets...It helps me to get the mood and flavor of the courtroom :great:

Isn't it against TOS to change or alter the name of someone?

Just in. The jury is requesting another break.

Just kidding!

I think they have to come in and say they are hung and then the judge tells them too bad go back and give us a verdict.

well sorta but not quite..

(c) If it appears to the judge that the jury has been unable to agree, the judge may require the jury to continue its deliberations and may give or repeat the instructions provided in subsections (a) and (b). The judge may not require or threaten to require the jury to deliberate for an unreasonable length of time or for unreasonable intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654