2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but that just really seems over-kill.

For example, the Sarah Johnson trial she had exactly the same chair as her attorneys iirc (with wheels).

With ICA, I am pretty sure she had the same chair as her attorneys.
At least she gets to sit in the chair unshackled. Her chair may be smaller because the DT wanted to make KC seem too demure to have commited murder, etc. Really. We don't know if the DT requested the chair, or if it was already there.

I had to laugh today when she came in with that sweater, Baez has been telling her for weeks to do up the buttons on her shirt - guess they outsmarted ICA on that one. lol

SBM and BBM

Geez, how do you guys find this stuff out?

BBMBumping this because I missed it ... anyone else see this?

Yes, I saw it too and she was very clearly giving ICA, Mason, and then JB instructions on what they can and cannot do. I was thinking it might be the computer interaction when ICA mouthed her question to I think JB while Mason was trying to figure out how to do something online.

This is the first time I have been able to get to the trial info today, I have read they have only gone through 8 or 9 so far today... Have any been potential jurors or all turned away due to hardship?

Thanks for the info!

correct me if I'm wrong folks but

7 jurors
3 excused
4 on board for further voir dire, 2 of those iffy

She's 5'1" or 2 any shorter and she'd be a little person.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I'm 5'0!!!! :floorlaugh:

No, they were trying to make it a law in Florida that anyone under 5'0 would have to sit in booster seats while traveling in a car... I about died when I heard about it! Can you imagine being 32-years-old and having to sit in a booster seat?? I know the law was geared towards child safety, but where does that leave all of us short people that are adults? I know for a fact that I will be shrinking when I get a little older. It happens to all the women in my family. :floorlaugh:

They seated the jurors (don't remember if it was all 110 or about 60 of them) JB and DT scanned the crowd - JB objected based on the lack or minority representation in the pool.

HHJP laid. him. out.

Thanks! Well of course he did! casey is not a minority and it's to be a jury of HER peers, not JB's.

SBM and BBM

Geez, how do you guys find this stuff out?

lol, because we've been watching the hearings for nearly 3 years and you get good at lip reading and watching their gestures, since Baez got all snarky and made sure the mics got switched off.

Yes ... it is a smaller chair than the attorneys have ...

Do ya think she'll complain ? ? ?

I'm thinking it is probably so the guard can see her better, see what she is looking at on the computer screen better, and more quickly access ICA if she needs to.

I really didn't expect to feel this way, but listening to all these potential jurors, and what they'd have to do, give up, all because of ICA, just bugs the heck out of me. People not getting paid, not being able to be with their kids for 6-8 weeks, being away from their families- look how many people she's affecting. And her sitting there whispering to CM behind her hand isn't helping any, it would make me think she was saying something bad about a potential juror, like they're not good enough to serve on her jury....ugh...ok, step away from the computer, LOL....sleep deprivation has set in, I think, sorry for the rant. :(

How long did it take to go thru the 7 jurors?

Heyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I'm 5'0!!!! :floorlaugh:

No, they were trying to make it a law in Florida that anyone under 5'0 would have to sit in booster seats while traveling in a car... I about died when I heard about it! Can you imagine being 32-years-old and having to sit in a booster seat?? I know the law was geared towards child safety, but where does that leave all of us short people that are adults? I know for a fact that I will be shrinking when I get a little older. It happens to all the women in my family. :floorlaugh:

:lol: Does your car look like it is driving itself from behind? :waitasec:

Yes, I saw it too and she was very clearly giving ICA, Mason, and then JB instructions on what they can and cannot do. I was thinking it might be the computer interaction when ICA mouthed her question to I think JB while Mason was trying to figure out how to do something online.

Mason's having "issssues" with his hearing aids and the court reporter live on his computer coming through in real time. Judge Perry basically told him too bad but he was clearly getting annoyed by it. Paralegal ICA was trying to help him out on the computer stuff, hopefully that's the closest she ever gets to one.

That is to represent the circus the dt has created.

I think he gave up trying to match pocket hanky with tie. So he switched to white, now it looks like a big flag of surrender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva