2011.05.10 - Jury Selection Day Two

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyers' microphones being turned off is thwarting the Florida Sunshine laws, is it not?

The reason for the no microphones is that people posting on the WFTV LIve Blog heard SOMEONE with a live microphone talking about a potential juror. Saying things like "his favorite reading material is comic books" (paraphrase).

I was on the Live Blog when these posts came in. Next thing you know Jose is standing up, complaining about "What we just said was posted on the internet!"

Up until then, the person who said what was heard on the open microphone - presumably about a potential juror - had not been identified. But Jose wailing to the Judge "They just posted what we just said!" tells us a few things:

1. Some people at the defense table should be paying attention to the events going on in the courtroom rather than reading Live Blogs
2. All they have to do is shut their snarky mouths and there will be no problem.

WHY should the Sunshine Laws be circumvented because the Defense Team can't act in a professional manner? EVER.

ETA: How would anybody, at this point, know what a potential juror likes to read?

I seriously think that is Dorothy Sims' job on the DT. I think she monitors the blogs for JB on that laptop of hers. Hi Dotty....:seeya:

Is this next group the second half of the 105 jurors or did they finish with them and this is a whole new batch of jurors? I've only been able to watch sporadically because of work. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I didn't see it.

Wonder what is on that laptop ICA is staring at? If it's the same picture of her that I am looking at - she can't be liking it....

What is Casey thinking in regards to hair notice yesterday after lunch she placed it in a bun and again today. Any ideas?

Looks to me like she is getting ready to give another performance, Oscar winning no doubt.

Looks to me like Casey is turning red... yeah, she's getting herself ready for another performance, imo.

Yes, chose not to attend - imagine the expense of hotel/motel too much for the week or two...and George is working is he not?

Cindy came down Sunday night and CA refused her visit. But, according to NG she left her 200.00 for the commissary. I don't think I would be attending either under the circumstance of CA's behaviour toward them. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver