2011.05.10 - Jury Selection Day Two

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sims: "I'm going to have to defer to Mr Baez on that" LOL and LOL

DS: if there is potential exculpatory evidence...

HHJP: you have not shown me any exculpatory evidence...

DS: that is the problem judge, the fbi won't give it to us... :doh:

HHJP: I have two lawyers arguing. it could be a fishing expedition or not. I cannot say, so I can have something to rule on get him on the phone...but if mr ashton is right it is a research project and that is all I can tell you right now.

Sorry but HHJP is just so darn cute!

I must say the SA saying oh the FBI don't want this information released because it will cause problems with getting Peer Review publication was in poor taste.

The FBI wanting the glory of Publication should not stand in the way of a fair trial

Now they aare implying that an experiment is based on Caylee and that their info should be discoverable.

Judge is clarifying that it is NOT how it works.

WHOAH!!! I went away to try and get some work done for like an hour and now this!

Update please:
1.) What happened with the Juror who was a potential witness? How on earth did she get in? What happened to rectify her blabbing?

2.) When did the new Frye issue come up? I take it a few minutes ago?

We do not know- there was some discussion between HHJP/Attys and then he brought the potentials in, asked how many had discussed it- twelve raised their hands and he then intstructed that they all be sent home. Later he stated that one of the Jurors had discussed the case with the others- this Juror somehow had been called as a potential Juror when he was already scheduled as a witness, and how did that happen? He looked puzzled. This was a TES searcher, or so the Juror told the others.
That's it...

He is bad at math - but note that June 16th - to June 24th (gas can return date and altercation with GA) is 8 days - following day the 25th is the day I think Caylee was dumped which is the 9th day.

i believe this was a uh oh slip!

I must say the SA saying oh the FBI don't want this information released because it will cause problems with getting Peer Review publication was in poor taste.

The FBI wanting the glory of Publication should not stand in the way of a fair trial
...but they are allowing Shaw to testify.

Does this woman not understand that she has loss this argument right now at this moment? The judge is being really understanding.

HHJP: just because someone decides to make a research project does not mean it is admissable. people do research everyday, does not mean they have a discovery.

I have not had the opportunity to cross examine dr. shaw...

HHJP: any one can put the hair of a three year old child in a trunk and examine it...

I am saying that the state seeks to have a witness...blah, blah..

HHJP: you have not shown it is exculpatory. you have to get the dr. to testify to that. call the man up get him on the phone. we all ask him questions but we are not on a fishing expedition. I can not say it is or it is not. there is nothing for me to rule on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli