2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel i have done Caylee some justice by sitting vigil here since about 6 this morning. I'll be back tomorrow.

67 accepted out of 199 per ch13 news tweet

Court done for the day. Resumes at 8:30. Death penalty and pretrial publicity starts tomorrow. 67 accepted. Out of 199

Anyone who is going to spend 3K to go the New England from Florida as she said ,wouldn't book like this. That is my opinion. Doesn't sound like a real good deal.

Hotels here cost minimum of $350 a night during the summer and it is a huge tourist destination. I believe her to be telling the truth and that it would be a good deal.

Love how the camera zoomed in on the fingerprint ink on the table......

It is used when a person is convicted and has new fingerprint cards made.

Rather prophetic....

zoominofthefingerprintink.jpg

JVM is promising a mystery someone that could explain the new defense strategy. Coming up now, I think, here on West Coast.

In CA, there is a form that you fill out as soon as you report to jury duty in the morning. On the form you they ask questions pertaining to financial and medical hardships. In addition, once you complete the form, you place the form in a basket based on how many days (if any) that your job pays for jury duty. For long trials such as this, the court officials only pull the forms (individuals) who get unlimited paid days. Wondering why they didn't do this in this case?

I think HHBP didn't want to give the DT time to shuffle through reading a bunch of papers - faster for the court to just blast through them for the first part of choosing the jury.

The DT barely has read their depos and evidence after three years - I know I wouldn't trust them to speedily read any jury info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove