2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror #3196: Woman. Hardship- Her daughter is going through a divorce and had surgery. Daughter lives in IL and she needs to travel up there to help her pack and move to FL next week.

Excused for cause- family issues. No objections.

A jurror that was dismissed has written a letter to the Editor to _______?
about why she was dismissed and what should be changed. Hearing on HLN didn't get to hear all. Trying to listen to that and this.

I think she was stressing better instruction were needed in the jurror pool room.

3196 woman

hardship - daughter had home foreclosed and divorcing and surgery and she is suppose to go to Illinois to go there and pack her up and move into her home in FL

excused for cause

I must say, though, I SHUDDER to think what my DH who is a teacher would be like throughout this . He'd be CLIMBING THE WALLS and then during trial (cuz he'd get picked) he would be a mad man - he cannot sit still that long

I still can't believe no one is taking the potty breaks the Judge offers! I would have already been up and gone as soon as he looked like he was going to say it.

lol ...depends??

I never realized how many retired people are still raising their children and have to raise their grandchildren too......WOW!

why can't they ask all these questions in a questionairre first to eliminate the extreme hardship cases? seems like a waste of time

Thread continues here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135940"]2010.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

3191: Hardship? Yes sir it would. Mother had a heart attack. She is a widower, her mother. Potential juror is an only child to her 78 year old mother.

HHJP: You take her to her appointments? You two live together?

Yes, I take her to appointments. I was fired from my job. I am her sole care taker.

HHJP: Excused.

Juror #3191: Woman. Hardship- Mother (age 78) had a heart attack and graves disease. Lives with her mom and is her primary caregiver. Unemployed.

Excused for cause- family issues. No objections.

She looks to me to be super medicated...she just said something to Ms. Finnell and it seemed very slow - with no hiding of her mouth or the usual.

She is very fidgety again. If it was an anxiety attack, I also believe she has been medicated. I get them sometimes and if I did not take a sedative I would never want to go out there. I would rather be alone with no noise or people around. Raynauds was mentioned. I also have that and my hands will turn purple from the Knuckles to the fingertips especially if I am nervous. All in all she looks fine now.

3191 woman

hardship - sole caretaker for mom w/grave's disease 78 yo, takes her to appts, etc

excused for cause

Psst...New thread to continue is open

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135940"]2010.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

daughter taking care of momma...DD couldn't afford house so she moved in w/momma and is taking care of her. I have opinion but better not say it...

Kind of frustrating, they are there probably ten hours and in the courtroom maybe 1 minute or less.

Please Lord let Mason get a hearing aid before trial,we all know he has the money,it's probably vanity,but we all know he sure needs one. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296