2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CM is sooooo disrespectful! He should stand up, like Mr. George does! :maddening:

Juror #3122: Woman. Hardship- Several travels upcoming (son is graduating college the end of this month in Indiana, driving her daughter to Palm Beach mid-June, traveling to Houston for vacation w/husband end of June). Owns an optical lab with family..father is the only one who could take over but he has pancreatic cancer. Houston trip is paid for (trip tickets are non-refundable)- fine moving it but is worried about the other trips since they involve her kids.

Excused for cause- family hardship. Defense objects.- "Didn't hear anything other than inconvenience". Judge- Overruled. She's excused.

3122 woman

hardship - travels upcoming (indiana son leaving college and she drives him home), daughter going to europe for 18 days take her to west palm beach, family travel planned with husband at end of june, family business she does books and doesn't think her father can do it husband would have to do it and take care of 16yo

Mr George - houston trip all paid for (plus ancillary tix), West palm beach driving,

excused for cause (defense objecting)

MOO - it appears HHJP is being much more lenient this afternoon - says there are 67 already potential jurors

This woman with the kids and the trip sounds slightly entitled and annoying but when she said, 'No, it wouldn't make me indigent LOLOLOL' it was a pretty good dig.

Judge says they have 67 carried over so far.
He excused this last woman over defense objections.

I think CM has ice in his veins. He is so non-humane.

67 potential jurors coming back for the second round thus far...

I just heard something on the DVR, what was this about a potential juror and tickets to a game? There was a commercial and it didn't make sense.

There was a guy earlier who had tickets to a game and was going to take his 80 something year old grandmother to it. I think it was Bucks? I don't follow sports so I can't remember the team exactly. Judge said he would look into it for the potential juror whether or not he could get the team to let him switch his tickets for a different game, after the trial.

Houston and museums in the same sentence makes me laugh....I was born and raised in Texas so I can make fun of my home state.

I did a "baroo????" face when I heard that - Hey, I love HTown, but not exactly a big old cultural bastion - except when you know where to look... ;-)

Oh it's still going I'm trying to catch up on In Session, oh forget it I'll find out tomorrow. Judge Perry must have vacation plans for July because he is really pushing this to get done.

67 potential jurors coming back for the second round thus far...

I got this backwards, I guess. I thought I heard him say there were 67 more waiting in the wings.

3142 woman (#28 this afternoon - only 5 have come in)

hardship - no backup for job, doesn't think they can compensate small business - construction industry (asks for no mike)

excused for cause

Secrets, secrets, so many secrets. What's so secretive about construction? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste