2011.05.11 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day 3 )

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok peeps! I'm back. Anymore giant Hand Drama or just more excused? I see they have 67 on board. I left after the 2nd unemployment guy with the elderly parents going on chemo. Just a high point or two or point me to the right part of the thread (skimming it now)

I really wish she would try to accuse Baez of some kind of sexual harrassment. I think that would do her in with her claims of her dad and brother abusing her. Personally I think she is lying and made it all up for attention...

So the woman who got the group of jurors dismissed yesterday was woman that had shoving match with George Anthony a few years back?? How weird is that...

I've served jury duty in Broward County a few times. This area is much bigger than Pinellas. Our main jury holding room seats probably 2500! Yes, its that big. Its like a theatre type room. Podium at front - several flat screens throughout the room that show whoever is talking at the podium.

You have a number - like these we've seen - you are only referred to by that number. You check in - fill out a short form - basic questions - don't remember any about whether or not you're being pd - but I guess they can substitute questionnaires in and out. You sit in that room - as a judge needs a jury pool - they come to the podium and call numbers. If you're called - you meet a baliff and off to that judge's courtroom. You can sit there all day or be called.

I think that's probably kinda what they do here. These people are called for jury duty - usually by mail - you get a postcard thingy with your juror #. You never know where or what judge or even what case you'll be called for - if you are called at all.

Judges put in "orders" by what their calendars predict with trials and such. The orders are all added up and then a request is made and using the DL records people are picked that live within the jurisdiction.

HTH

Thank you. That sounds pretty much the same, minus the more extensive questionnaire. IMO, in cases of this magnitude, maybe they should implement some type of financial pre-screening. I was listening/watching off and on all day (work got in the way) and it seemed a lot of time was wasted getting the same answers (can't do it....I won't get paid)

BANG! Darned near broke my nose with that door banging my face when I finished my last post and hit reply!!!

Awwwww, I am sorry logicalgirl... I tried to give warning and waited a short while...

:therethere:

Who knew jury selection would have this much drama ? It must be an Anthony thing,Laws of Attraction,etc.
I think LittleBitty had it right ,though.Some of the "coincidences" seemed more like Caylee having her say.

Ok peeps! I'm back. Anymore giant Hand Drama or just more excused? I see they have 67 on board. I left after the 2nd unemployment guy with the elderly parents going on chemo. Just a high point or two or point me to the right part of the thread (skimming it now)

Nothing major... a lot more excused for financial and/or medical reasons. A few women with children and one lady with a non-refundable trip to New England. I think there was about four or five total that made it to round 2.

It could not have been an accident, the childs mouth and nose were covered with duct tape. That is not an accident...........

So the woman who got the group of jurors dismissed yesterday was woman that had shoving match with George Anthony a few years back?? How weird is that...

As Dr. Phil says "when someone shows you who they are,believe them".

Poor judgement and lack of impulse control. JMO

Awwwww, I am sorry logicalgirl... I tried to give warning and waited a short while...

:therethere:

No - it was my fault this time - I posted and it took a while loading and then bang - like the swinging bar door - fell back flat on my Kushter - :great: you were all good - but thanks for caring....:blowkiss:

But I also want to add - our server has done amazingly great considering the numbers - I've been impressed.

Brad Conway on JVM now

And he thinks Baez's opening statement will say Caylee's death was an accident.........and it will totally blow the prosecution's case off course......

And the reason she didn't say anything was because she feared her family...........

Ok I missed half the day because of errands but I just HAVE to say this:
I am vigorously seeking to adopt Judge Belvin Perry and make him my grandpappy. He is the cutest thing ever. And we will sit on the porch and rock in our rocking chairs and sip lemonade and talk about nothing "pacific." Seriously. I love him.
Now gotta go get caught up for the day!!

I really wish she would try to accuse Baez of some kind of sexual harrassment. I think that would do her in with her claims of her dad and brother abusing her. Personally I think she is lying and made it all up for attention...

Just include it with the list of lies she's told about George.

He had a stroke

He and Cindy were moving out and leaving her the house

He ran over a squirrel and caused the stench in her car

Anything else?

No No NO!!! Ack!! That would stop the trial dead. :denied: Don't even suggest it or we may have to duke it out!!! You are scaring me!!! :bigfight:

Just kidding but seriously not a good idea :banghead:

Eek - I'm feeling nauseous just thinking about it - my hands...are...going.....numb...I know - I'll have an adult beverage! Care to join me? :drink:

Ok logicalgirl, poor me a drink and we'll talk.

Did you read what Brad C said he thinks they will say in his opening statement?

If the SA's aren't prepared for this they won't know which way to go with this...........

No - it was my fault this time - I posted and it took a while loading and then bang - like the swinging bar door - fell back flat on my Kushter - :great: you were all good - but thanks for caring....:blowkiss:

But I also want to add - our server has done amazingly great considering the numbers - I've been impressed.

And our mods are the best! Not too firm and not too soft,but JUST RIGHT :rocker:

...poster "Sally"--from THM gives her take on the a.m. proceedings:

I attended the morning session today. What I saw was a frightened girl who was totally embarrassed when the charges were read against her. She never looked up... She was truly crying -- yes, for herself... She's not a good actress.

Once the jury pool was sent to the back for individual questioning, we had a 10 minute break. Jose said, "CASEY! I WANT TO TALK TO YOU NOW!" They went into a back room and came out after a bit and she had been crying. I thought he was mad that she cried again in front the the potential jurors, but she did it again this afternoon so I'm not sure what happened, but he was really mad at her. I wish that I could have stayed for the afternoon, but I had to get home.

It was really neat to see all the players in person. That Jim L. guy struck up some small talk with my daughter and myself...seemed nice enough.

EVERYONE is thinner than they appear on tv or online.....

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1163&p=79817#p79817

Ok logicalgirl, poor me a drink and we'll talk.

Did you read what Brad C said he thinks they will say in his opening statement?

Great! I'm there! Yes, I checked out the thread!!! :banghead: Some people just live under rocks or something don't they? How could anyone suggest that is jaw dropping or even anything but a big yawn...:waitasec:

If this trial had happened in late 2008, or early 2009, just after Caylee's poor little body was found - maybe the abuse rubbish may have had some impact - but three years and all we know later..........:boohoo: :laugh: :waiting: and :sigh: is all it gets out of me!

Oh, she's waiting to play that card once she's convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela