2011.05.11 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day 3 )

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how quick ICA went from sleepy, poutyand disarrayed to alert...........
What happened that I missed?
Did JB and her go behind closed door to mke up???
If she fires him.........what will happen?
Start all over again???

I have a quick question. The woman who was excused due to her religious accommodation made me wonder about Scientology. I know that Clearwater is the WW headquarters for Scientology and I wonder if anyone knows if there is a specific teaching about the DP or jury duty for Scientologists?

No...she was Catholic and received Holy Communion every day at Mass....2X cancer survivor...basically, thanks God for her recovery in that manner - think I would, too - and she sometimes helps prep for services.

ETA : I know CM REALLY meant it when he "objected" to her being excused....exactly the kind of person he wants the WHOLE jury to be....LOL Good thing JP excused her, anyway.

IS discussing two kid lady - says they would us peremptory on her as her baby is as old as caylee when she died and as old as she would be had she lived... gooood point

Who was the lady with the dark hair? She seemed to be soothing Casey a lot.

I dunno, but she obviously is a caretaker of some sort. ICA was extremely stressed this AM at beginning of day. Later she calmed down, almost as if she'd been medicated (which I suspect). I think the lady might be a nurse. She does seem to have a calming effect on ICA.

Who was the lady with the dark hair? She seemed to be soothing Casey a lot.

Great question - we don't know yet. I think counsellor or some kind of mitigation person and others have said jury consultant - definitely here to try to take the edges off of ICA - but she did not rush out during the hissy fit this am so who knows! LOL.....

No...she was Catholic and received Holy Communion every day at Mass....2X cancer survivor...basically, thanks God for her recovery in that manner - think I would, too - and she sometimes helps prep for services.

Yes I know that but my question was a general question about Scientology.

KC's grooming is in full mode today. How long before the hyperventilating starts?

Did HHJBP tell a potential juror they'd be done by June 22? I swear he did. What does he know? That's only a MONTH!

how quick ICA went from sleepy, poutyand disarrayed to alert...........
What happened that I missed?
Did JB and her go behind closed door to mke up???
If she fires him.........what will happen?
Start all over again???

bbm

There wasn't enough time to make up cos Baez walked out the door behind her & came right back in alone..She, I believe, was headed for the bathroom due to feeling 'sick'.

Someone mentioned on the jury thread earlier they couldn't understand why JB would want to change venue to Miami - that it appeared all the Hispanics questioned so far were having a language problem and was he counting on that? In my own experience, having gotten off I95 in the middle of downtown Miami, we stopped at a popular fast food restaurant. They had to bring a cook from the back to take our order in English. We were trying to order by the meal number and pointing at the picture on the wall and they still had to bring the cook out. I'm not saying it's all that way but it was very disconcerting.

Instead of the half-baked whiney excuses, why not just look ICA in the eye and say I believe she is guilty and no I cannot set aside my beliefs at this point. B-O-I-N-G - out you would go!

That is what i would do because i would not be able to set them aside. I would however offer to "flick the switch" if/when she is convicted...IMO

Did HHJBP tell a potential juror they'd be done by June 22? I swear he did. What does he know? That's only a MONTH!

jmhoo but he is the director of this thing... he seems to have kept the ball rolling right along... I personally trust what he is saying.

eta: by july 22

moo

BBM

July 22nd he said to a juror but even that makes NO sense to most of us or the th's on InSession a few minutes ago.

He also said he doesn't "expect to be there in July"..That to me was even more puzzling. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member