2011.05.11 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day 3 )

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to go to other thread ... here we go

LINK

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135882"]2010.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If she begins looking dazed soon, I think they probably gave her a shot of a sedative for what appeared to me to be a panic attack.

I can only think one thing. Spoiled brat. Hyperventilated to get her way.

I'm sorry, ya'll can file this under Dumb Question #1532 in a Series, but who washes her clothes for trial and hearings? Is CA responsible for that? Or did CA just provide the clothes and some lucky worker at the JB office gets to wash them?

That guard who watches ICA like a hawk needs her own FB fan page. LOL I'd "like" it.

BANG! Darned near broke my nose with that door banging my face when I finished my last post and hit reply!!!

Whoa...looked like JB was outta there, ICA didn't even get to say goodbye...awwww

After watching Voir Dire the last 3 days, I am more confident than ever that HHJP will have NO problem getting this trial going by Tuesday [in spite of the curve balls]! Justice is coming, baby Caylee <3 :)

Did Sleutherontheside make it in? Hi SOTS - thanks for commenting on what those metal thingys were on the end of the table by the prisoner's in/out door - I had no idea. Looked kind of like big belt loops and I was thinking .....now how....mmm....maybe not....er...

ICA appeared to be tearing up a little as she left- upset that she didn't get enough attention from her "boys" today? Noticed they had her bookended by AF and DS or the dark haired lady every time I had a chance to check in.....did she and JB have a falling out I missed? And CM seemed a lot more "hands Off" vs. his touchy feely manner lately-he must be reading the blogs...lol

MOO

Carried over from the last thread....

In CA, there is a form that you fill out as soon as you report to jury duty in the morning. On the form they ask questions pertaining to financial and medical hardships. In addition, once you complete the form, you place the form in a basket based on how many days (if any) that your job pays for jury duty. For long trials such as this, the court officials only pull the forms (individuals) who get unlimited paid days. Wondering why they didn't do this in this case?

Anyone from FL that can fill us in on the jury duty process.....

I'm sorry, ya'll can file this under Dumb Question #1532 in a Series, but who washes her clothes for trial and hearings? Is CA responsible for that? Or did CA just provide the clothes and some lucky worker at the JB office gets to wash them?

Maybe the court pays to send them to a laundry or dry cleaner? Just for the trial I mean.

I can barely imagine what Nancy Grace is going to get up to tonight - Whoa!

I, too, got the impression that ICA was deeply concerned and sad as she left because Jose was not giving her any attention whatsoever! It's very obvious something is going on between them ... and it isn't good!

Carried over from the last thread....

In CA, there is a form that you fill out as soon as you report to jury duty in the morning. On the form they ask questions pertaining to financial and medical hardships. In addition, once you complete the form, you place the form in a basket based on how many days (if any) that your job pays for jury duty. For long trials such as this, the court officials only pull the forms (individuals) who get unlimited paid days. Wondering why they didn't do this in this case?

Anyone from FL that can fill us in on the jury duty process.....
I've served jury duty in Broward County a few times. This area is much bigger than Pinellas. Our main jury holding room seats probably 2500! Yes, its that big. Its like a theatre type room. Podium at front - several flat screens throughout the room that show whoever is talking at the podium.

You have a number - like these we've seen - you are only referred to by that number. You check in - fill out a short form - basic questions - don't remember any about whether or not you're being pd - but I guess they can substitute questionnaires in and out. You sit in that room - as a judge needs a jury pool - they come to the podium and call numbers. If you're called - you meet a baliff and off to that judge's courtroom. You can sit there all day or be called.

I think that's probably kinda what they do here. These people are called for jury duty - usually by mail - you get a postcard thingy with your juror #. You never know where or what judge or even what case you'll be called for - if you are called at all.

Judges put in "orders" by what their calendars predict with trials and such. The orders are all added up and then a request is made and using the DL records people are picked that live within the jurisdiction.

HTH

I didn't see any sadness in ICA's face as she was leaving, but I noticed once her back was turned- she put both hands in front of her face and tilted her head down enough to make me wonder if she was crying. I know Im not the only nosy WS'er who is dying to know what's going on with those 2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren