2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because HHJP doesn't want them to have to "judge" whether they are smelling garbage or decomp. If you haven't smelled decomp, how would you know?

At first disheartened by thoughts of Judge....he's just telling them to cross your t's and dot i's...IOW let them smell decomp. But only with comparison, and chemical testing of the tire material for same decomp compounds. Or so I think...

Anything that saves an appeal

Making jurors witnesses.

The smell, if never opened and before having been tested by a scientist, would make them witnesses to the smell. They would all have to testify at a later trial date about the smell.

Does that make sense.

Someone better at explaining please expound for me here. TIA.

They dont even have to mention the smell when in the presence of it. Take the jury to the car to show the areas the dogs hit, area in trunk carpet was removed, relate it to where the child would have been lying versus where the dogs hit...PLENTY of reasons to get a jury to SEE the car, without having to mention one word about the elephant in the room - the SMELL.

Holy ****! Did you see how slow KC was to get up and leave the room??? FGS---she wanted to stay and help clean up the table and everything. She practiclly blows kisses at CM and the lady in red before she's finally told to get moving out of the room by little lady bailiff!

When else can she play house, play event coodinator, hostess, waitress, bff after the party?

I do wish though that the can could be opened and that Casey would have to smell it. Not that she would react to it, but still I think she should be constantly reminded of what she's done.

Caylee: "Hi mommy! :seeya: Remember me? You tried to get rid of me and the car..."
If anything, I'd be willing to bet Casey would hide her face, become engraged and "cry".

What was ICA doing?? Deputy said time to go, ICA stands up, bends down, fixes shoe, grabs sweater and STOPS with hand to chest. She looked like mommie dearest!! CLEAN up this messssssssssssssssss!! Red pantsuit hurried to grab papers....

I do wish though that the can could be opened and that Casey would have to smell it. Not that she would react to it, but still I think she should be constantly reminded of what she's done.

Cindy should be given a big long sniff too on the witness stand. After all, she is a nurse of decomposition, almost an expert, and can attest to the fact that this is just pizza and garbage that has laid in the sun for 12 days, not decomposition as all the mean people are saying.

he watches and likes Dr. G's show!

sorry... who is Dr. G?? TIA! trying to catch up with all these posts, and THANK YOU everyone that has posted a play-by-play!! Truly appreciated!! :great:

If the his Honor doesn't allow the cans, they can always get to the car. It's evidence as well.

sorry... who is Dr. G?? TIA! trying to catch up with all these posts, and THANK YOU everyone that has posted a play-by-play!! Truly appreciated!! :great:

Dr G is the ME that performed the identification and autopsy on Caylee's remains and pronounced murder. She has a t.v. show on cable t.v. last I understood.

When Cindy and George say it was week old pizza and garbage, they should open the cans for them to smell it. They are witnesses.

If the his Honor doesn't allow the cans, they can always get to the car. It's evidence as well.

IDK, doubt it due to expense. But, there will be something smelly in evidence one way or another.

I hope not too bad. Vomiting jurors will not be a good thing, it would be very, very detrimental.

It the lawyers keep it around 30 minutes. They can get through another 20 (give or take) tomorrow.

They dont even have to mention the smell when in the presence of it. Take the jury to the car to show the areas the dogs hit, area in trunk carpet was removed, relate it to where the child would have been lying versus where the dogs hit...PLENTY of reasons to get a jury to SEE the car, without having to mention one word about the elephant in the room - the SMELL.

Yes ,if it is raining and very humid it will show great!

what was the purpose of supper break to adjern?

Just to eat, and to accommodate the jurors that waited in a big empty room all day, staff, attorneys, everyone. Judge thought the last juror was going to be another few hours long too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem