2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that Dr. Vass's testimony could lead to the opening of the can.

Judge: said before jurors r not witnesses...to let them smell something and let them come up w/their own conclusion; wouldn't count too much on it, i'm willing t b persuaded but...opinion testimony is opinion testimony; they r to evaluate t testimony' thats all i'm gonna say...

Why can't it all be entered into evidence and then the jury can take it back into the jury room and smell it along with the bag of trash. Because you know some of them will be NOSEy ;)

You guys are still here? :eek:

889 members have visited this thread today. That doesn't include guests.

Wow!

HHJP's concern : "That case will come back quicker than greased lightning"

Judge: as it stands now...that will not be allowed cause that case will come back like grease lightning

For some reason, imagining smelling Caylee's decomp just got me really emotional and I do feel for these jurors.

They will never be the same. In some ways it's like serving in the military in a war zone and being changed forever.

I would like to see ICA get another whiff,though

I don't understand why this would make them a witness any more than looking at the crime scene photos were...same thing just using a different sense.

(paraphrased)
JA: would ask question, if juror allowed to smell this, want to make sure no one would become ill. Purpose not to smell decomp but show it does not smell like trash
HJBP: Jurors are not experts, opinion testimony is opinion testimony, says JA can not ask the question
JB: does this include opening statements?
JA: not going to open can in opening statement

JA wants to figure out some way to make sure Jurors don't hurl when they smell it. HHJP says he won't let them ask the question about their sensitivities....

Marples grandstanding editorial: I wish she'd pass the can over to KC and see if she reacts.

HJBP: "if it does (get allowed) that case will come back quicker than grease lighting."

Court Adjourned. Tomorrow will be another long, slow day.

HHJP "That case will come back quicker than greased lightnin!"

Love it

Aww a nice goodbye to CM. Is that her baby blankie she's carrying?

I do wish though that the can could be opened and that Casey would have to smell it. Not that she would react to it, but still I think she should be constantly reminded of what she's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove