2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry...know this should probably be said over on the side bar...but that little crooking of her finger is so d@mn inappropriate. First, you don't treat anyone that way...especially not the DP attorney who is representing you for free.

I agree with the judge here... they should just say.... here's the odor that CA smelled. Simple as that right?

Hmmm...special good-byes to her new BFF and to CM and totally ignored JB.

On that note...good night fellow sleuthers. :)

I don't understand why this would make them a witness any more than looking at the crime scene photos were...same thing just using a different sense.

Because HHJP doesn't want them to have to "judge" whether they are smelling garbage or decomp. If you haven't smelled decomp, how would you know?

I just have to say, Ashton's argument for the decomp smell was genius . . . use the defense against themselves!

Well, I think if there was any doubt before if the jury would or wouldnt go to the car, that should settle it! Thanks HHJBP!

Judge: said before jurors r not witnesses...to let them smell something and let them come up w/their own conclusion; wouldn't count too much on it, i'm willing t b persuaded but...opinion testimony is opinion testimony; they r to evaluate t testimony' thats all i'm gonna say...

I can guarantee you IF a juror has never smelled decomp before this..\they will never in their lifetime ever forgot what they get a whiff off...They say the sense of smell is a trigger to recall even supressed memories..and if you have smelled it in the past..then yowza..YOU will know exactly what it is :rocker:

Why can't it all be entered into evidence and then the jury can take it back into the jury room and smell it along with the bag of trash. Because you know some of them will be NOSEy ;)

Yes, but we don't want the jury "conducting an experiment" as Mark Geragos accused the jury of doing with the boat in the Scott Peterson trial. I was so afraid at the time that was going to derail the whole thing!

Well - They could have squirrel decomp. there and compare to the trunk liner cans. The squirrel texts ARE coming in...

ETA - Oh, and the 911 call, which is also in..."Smells like there's been a dead body in the da*n car..."

They should just open the can for Vass to smell, he's an expert. No doubt the scent will waft across the room to the jurors and JA needn't ask the jurors anything.

Holy ****! Did you see how slow KC was to get up and leave the room??? FGS---she wanted to stay and help clean up the table and everything. She practiclly blows kisses at CM and the lady in red before she's finally told to get moving out of the room by little lady bailiff!

You guys are still here? :eek:

889 members have visited this thread today. That doesn't include guests.

Wow!
This was my trick...go to work...come home and check in at lunch time...get all work done by 3pm...rush home to watch hearing...fall asleep while listening...wake up two hours later...ready to go!!

Well - They could have squirrel decomp. there and compare to the trunk liner cans. The squirrel texts ARE coming in...

:floorlaugh:

Wait, leave the poor squirrel alone... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members