2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
please don't post 'juror removed' unless that's true. I get behind and don't know if they were or not.

People were posting "juror removed" because the judge took the juror off the stand to talk to the defense privately. Not because he was removed from the case.

I think by asking these questions the defense is putting thoughts into the heads of these jurors that they may not have had before. Like length of time on death row, cost to house a prisoner or "kill" a prisoner.... Almost as though they are trying to influence the jurors before the case about the death penalty and not as it relates to the law.

Yep, been saying that all day. Been very worried over here about what is going on. Bet these 2 jurors are let go, have to be.

and I missed it...why is this lady in red in the courtroom? I'm confused here

I think by asking these questions the defense is putting thoughts into the heads of these jurors that they may not have had before. Like length of time on death row, cost to house a prisoner or "kill" a prisoner.... Almost as though they are trying to influence the jurors before the case about the death penalty and not as it relates to the law.

It would be nice if when asking the Jurors if they could follow the law, the DT would do the same....

What happened to juror number 1? Did they make a decision or is he in a holding pattern?
hes' been put through. Will be back for round 3.

He is not a seated juror as of yet. But he's through.

There are icons, see the smilies on the right when you go to post, click the [more button.

I know what you mean though. A quick one to hit without hitting Quote first would be nice.

No objections from either side, will be returning tomorrow.

If today ever ends it will be a safe bet both defense and prosecution will review this juror's testimony once again before deciding.

Exactly-you sum it up so well Grandmaj, that is why JP does not approve of the questions.

Juror number 2 was asked to step out while the judge scolded the DT.

As soon as this guy said "if someone harmed my family member, I would not follow the law and impose death" the defense wrote him off. Anyone that feels that strongly about love ones, won't understand a mother tossing her child away like garbage. moo

No offense, but I would be Very worried about someone that didn't feel that strongly about their family.

... so just checking back in. Assuming AF up to nefarious questioning and we stopped? Ugh - groundhog day...

New to this particular forum, not new to crime, WS's, or the casey anthony case. Just wanted to ask a simple question, what does ICA stand for, I get the second two, casey anthony, but what is the I for? Just curious.

I=Inmate

that is so when talking about her "ICA" and her mother "CA" you'll know who's who.

It would be nice if when asking the Jurors if they could follow the law, the DT would do the same....

The DT does not want someone who can follow the law. The law is going to say they can impose death because Caylee was a minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth