2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents: IMVHO, I :innocent: believe that the AGE of the defendant/felon/inmate is an AGGRAVATING circumstance, heck certain societies consider 7 (age of the traditional First Communion!) as an "age of reason" where one recognizes the difference between "right and wrong". By the time Caylee was murdered, ICA was WELL OVER the age of innocence, heck she was and still is a LEGAL ADULT!:great:

Oh yeah, the :maddening: age of the VICTIM is definitely AGGRAVATING me against mitigation for the accused!

Agree! Agree! Agree!!! I didn't mean to start a firestorm! I was talking about the list! The LIST of mitigating cirumstances!! NOT suggesting ICA's age was a factor in this case at all! :crazy:

My sister lives in America (Philadelphia) and she didn't remember KC until I mentioned the case a few months ago on the telephone, and I'm in Switzerland! Then my sister said, 'Oh, something about a babysitter, right?' That's as far as she knew about KC. I think because I have an interest in true crime I'm a trial watcher, and a lot of people who have no interest might just hear snippets, then put the case out of their heads. This guy may be one of those people who just doesn't keep up with crime news.
I think he'd make a fair juror.

Somebody here at work walked past my desk yesterday and ask
Are they selecting the jury for the Haleigh Cummings case? WHAT?

I guess that trip to London might be canceled, eh?

Thank GOODNESS! JB sat beside KC, maybe she will be okay after all.

My family is in Clearwater and knows little to nothing about this case. I've even been a good girl and not made any contact with them to find out if any got jury summons. (I have been listening for familiar voices, though, lol.)

If any of them do get on, don't bring it up here. That could be a problem, jmo.

What was that little exchange between ICA & JB? He walked away without a resonse from her - and had a very smirky look on his face...
JMO

I sure hope HHBP sticks with this 67 he has.

I don't know how they do it - but here's my thoughts.

They need 20 12 jurors and 8 alternates.
Each side - SA and DT are given 10 strikes - can remove without explanation - so that gives us 20 more
Then you have to guesstimate how many will be weeded for pre-trial publicity and/or bias - whatever.

Potential - 67

Strikes 20
Needed 20
Weed out 27

I'm sure hoping he will stick with this 67 (and not go back to start over to "get more") The numbers are there - it can be done. Let's hope so.

I can see where our judicial system needs some tweeking. How about time limits?

So the lady in red is married to a death row inmate?

can you imagine the others waiting all this time and any one of them still be willing to be a juror?

I just don't understand what she could be asking about. In notes and whispers. So strange, someone just made her smile.

Let's move the discussion about the mitigating circumstances out of this thread. We must have have a thread somewhere to discuss this.

Remember you are in a room with 463 viewers reading this thread.

Thank you.

Hey all - Work interfered with my following the goings-on (the NERVE!). Is this a "break"? TIA!

The other jurors in that room are probably freaking out!

I did like how the guy answered that he "has no idea" who JB was! I always get his name mixed up... George Frank... Frank George?? He laughed and looked over at JB. :floorlaugh:

KC smiling and laughing with JB. He is standing in front of table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67