2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the rest of the jurors waiting in another room for this guy to finish don't have narcolepsy.

Oh yeah, the guy that really did narcolepsy..didn't they put him through to the 2nd round? Yeah..he won't make it through this, IMO.

I still find it strange how much they actually consult with KC and I wonder if it is because she asks really detailed questions just to make herself feel like she is in control? I find it strange that Cindy and George are not in.

does anyone know once they choose say juror #1 (lets say it's this guy)...does he become sequested immediately while they take X days (or weeks) to find the rest? or does he go home and wait ?

ICA has resumed her grooming habits today. I think she is feeling just a bit more familiar with the process now, a bit less stressed but the stress is still evident on her face every minute.

I don't know how anyone could have not heard about this case as much as it has been covered by the media. I guess maybe some people that might not watch t.v or listen to the radio or read the internet or newspaper might not have heard of this case.

I live in SW Florida and we have our own crime to report. Our local media is interested in letting us know what is going on with our own news. News that effects our community. Most people don't watch National news because it is nothing but a bunch of rude people screaming over one another. Absolutely no one that I know (I know A LOT of people) follow this case and I live in the same city as George's parents and his sister. Not everyone follows this case like we do here. Yes, there are a lot of people here... I think there is something like close to 40,000 members on this whole forum. When you think about that... you're talking about a small town in inland Florida.

He never said he didn't hear about this case. Of course he heard about this case. I think the majority of Florida was praying for Caylee to come home safe when this all first started. Heck, people all over the world were praying for Caylee. He said he simply seen the reports when she first went missing and when she was finally found. He just didn't follow it like we do.

Proberly fall in the 1 percent catagory.

That's possible but she lives in a retirement community and when I visited none of her friends knew anything other than the mom was accused of killing her child. These are active retirees that travel and don't read blogs.

This is insane. We have 67 potential jurors to weed out. At this point - 1hr per - we're talking well over 67 hours - that's AT LEAST another whole week.

This questioning process has to be somewhat streamlined. I know, I know, this is a trail for someone's life, I get it, I do - but c'mon. They just can't allow the DT to question and question and question until they "hit on" something they don't like or do like.

Crazy.

Hopefully HHBP mentioning that during sidebar.
DT wants this to take as long as possible, I guess.

InSession Perry just warned the attorneys: "you'd better get someone to order you some sandwiches." They may only get 35 min for lunch today

BBM - LOL

Casey must have been told in no uncertain terms....NO hair patting, eyebrow massaging! Tee-Hee...

I'm torn on this one..On the up side if she appears to be :crazy: they may think it's to her benefit (not for legal insanity) & could possibly be what Baez plans to 'explain' about her behavior during the '31 days' in his opening..On the down side it's even more likely to make jurors believe she's guilty & they won't be allowed to consider her mental state/health anyway.

Did that make ANY sense? lol

I hope the rest of the jurors waiting in another room for this guy to finish don't have narcolepsy.
As a matter of fact, we do have one potential that has sleep apnea/narcolepsy!!! :crazy:

just sayin................

As each juror undergoes this line of questioning, they will be forming their own "first impression" or "opinion" of the attorneys who are doing the questioning - both prosection and defense teams. This first impression is very important and can and will carry over during trial. As a former "been there done that" juror, the defense better be careful they don't "lose" too many jurors this early on.
IMO only....

If not for me, my DH would have no idea about this case at all. Work, dinner, walk the dog, talk to neighbors about the grass, bed.

Wow, sounds just like my husband :floorlaugh:

does anyone know once they choose say juror #1 (lets say it's this guy)...does he become sequested immediately while they take X days (or weeks) to find the rest? or does he go home and wait ?

I thought the judge hinted at a 3rd round of questions dealing with bias, or something along those lines. Or will they do that all at once?

I'm pretty sure he can go home and he has to report back at __(whatever time) Tuesday morning.

I don't know how anyone could have not heard about this case as much as it has been covered by the media. I guess maybe some people that might not watch t.v or listen to the radio or read the internet or newspaper might not have heard of this case.
My sister lives in America (Philadelphia) and she didn't remember KC until I mentioned the case a few months ago on the telephone, and I'm in Switzerland! Then my sister said, 'Oh, something about a babysitter, right?' That's as far as she knew about KC. I think because I have an interest in true crime I'm a trial watcher, and a lot of people who have no interest might just hear snippets, then put the case out of their heads. This guy may be one of those people who just doesn't keep up with crime news.

I think he'd make a fair juror.

My opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members