2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to use everything for mitigation to help ICA. I guarantee we will see her "Employee of the Year" certificate, as well!

She was 22, not a teenager. I have three adult children and can attest to the fact that they all knew it was illegal and immoral to kill anyone by the time they were 3! (The age my youngest was when her uncle was murdered.)

the In Session guy said the jury wouldn't be seated until his son has his bar Mitzvah- lol

I don't know how anyone could have not heard about this case as much as it has been covered by the media. I guess maybe some people that might not watch t.v or listen to the radio or read the internet or newspaper might not have heard of this case.
If not for me, my DH would have no idea about this case at all. Work, dinner, walk the dog, talk to neighbors about the grass, bed.

I don't know how anyone could have not heard about this case as much as it has been covered by the media. I guess maybe some people that might not watch t.v or listen to the radio or read the internet or newspaper might not have heard of this case.

My aunt lives close to Orlando. She's heard about it but knows very little of the details.

Now I am thinking of the other potential jurors who are looking at their watches thinking they too will be in the courtroom for a very long time.

I feel sorry for them.

I am a little envious though...I would love to have a chance to be on that jury.

I hope the rest of the jurors waiting in another room for this guy to finish don't have narcolepsy.

Casey & Sims talking

"you really should try my conditioner you know " - Casey

sorry couldnt resist

OH EM GEE!! They're going to use her age as a mitigating circumstance??

I'm really not surprised. At 22 a person's scope of life and understanding it is still limited. Although she had a child, she was still living at home and depending on her parents for quite a few things. Even for feeding her boyfriends. :great:

I think it was JV on NG last night that said she thought it could take 3 months to get a jury. At this rate I might have to agree.

Good morning all,
I'm about 20 pages behind in my reading and probably won't be able to catch up.
Just wanted to say that it looks like the first prospective juror has been on the grill for over an hour. Don't you think he should be done by now?
How long does it normally take to question a juror? This could take an extremely long time to get through 79 jurors.

This is insane. We have 67 potential jurors to weed out. At this point - 1hr per - we're talking well over 67 hours - that's AT LEAST another whole week.

This questioning process has to be somewhat streamlined. I know, I know, this is a trial for someone's life, I get it, I do - but c'mon. They just can't allow the DT to question and question and question until they "hit on" something they don't like or do like.

Crazy.

ICA explaining her panic attack to CM or having another one?

That should wait until sentencing phase, IMO.

You are right - Finnell was talking about the penalty/sentencing phase..when she posed the age question, because her age could be considered a mitigating circumstance by the defense. For the SA, she was an adult, and they will argue not a child when this crime was committed.

ICA is officially over Baez. Looks like Simms has quickly been becoming her new buddy as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico