2011.05.12 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day FOUR)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have round 3...for those that made it thru round 2.

What do they do for round 3? I've asked several times but it gets lost with 800 peeps... lol

Also, do both DT and SA get 10 strikes?

What do they do for round 3? I've asked several times but it gets lost with 800 peeps... lol

Also, do both DT and SA get 10 strikes?

They each get 10 strikes and the judge can award more if he feels it is necessary.

Oh my gosh, me too! I gag just thinking about gross things. It's horrible. I have a weak stomach and problems eating if anyone blows their nose or something. My family laughs at me and it can be annoying. I can handle gross stuff like poop or barf or snot when it comes to little tiny kids, and I can handle pet poop and barf but anything gross to do with adults sets me off. And a rotting body, no matter whose it would be would definitely cause me to lose my lunch at the moment I smelt it and ever after if it came to mind.

Horrid.

You would also smell it for days afterwards. It gets in your nostrils, your mouth, your hair, your skin even. Showers, oil of Wintergreen will help, but only so much.. time does the rest..
FWIW Nancy G says there is NO reason this evidence can't come in.Jurors should smell it...:innocent:

They each get 10 strikes and the judge can award more if he feels it is necessary.

Seriously? Damn. But thanks for the info!

*** it makes for late days being on the West Coast. ***

After watching this morning I am really beginning to doubt the trial will be over in 6-8 weeks that is if we ever get to having a jury seated. Perhaps the DT's strategy is to delay until they all die of old age.
Hearing the guy that was on the Scott Peterson Jury astounded me. I'd forgotten just how long that trial lasted.

I'd be completely suprised if KC's didn't last twice that long. Everything about this thing seems to drag in slow motion. EVERYThing.

Was there that much more evidence to hear in the Peterson case? Does anyone remember how long the OJ case was? I listened every single day on the radio, it seemed like that one lasted forever too.

Anyone know if all the Attys are commuting or do they provide hotel rooms for them too?

Today, HHMP mentioned going back to his hotel tonight, so I presume that most of the attorneys are probably staying in Clearwater and not communting. From what I've seen, it's about a 2-hour drive, so that would be 4 hours of driving every day.

Hearing the guy that was on the Scott Peterson Jury astounded me. I'd forgotten just how long that trial lasted.

I'd be completely suprised if KC's didn't last twice that long. Everything about this thing seems to drag in slow motion. EVERYThing.

Was there that much more evidence to hear in the Peterson case? Does anyone remember how long the OJ case was? I listened every single day on the radio, it seemed like that one lasted forever too.

The OJ Simpson trial lasted from January to October 1995. 134 days or just short of 4 1/2 months.

Want to let all you WSleuthers know how much I appreciate the info being posted. Only 3days into this jury selection and I already have 'the vapors' and could not watch most of this selection today. Thank you to all!

Anyone wondering why the hearing about the death band was cancelled for tomorrow? Me thinks the witness Dorthy Clay Sims was talking about wasn't willing to testify that the "experiment" was anywhere near finished and that is all it is right now... and experiment! So this means the death band is still in, right?

I have mixed feelings about presenting the decomp smell in court. I am a sympathy barfer.

You are one of those 'people' they were worried about in the questioning today. Sending you a 6 pack of barf bags. :crazy:

You know... I've smelled human decomp before and... once you do... it's permanently there. I can still "smell" it, you know? Like parvo in dogs... once you smell it, it never leaves. I have mixed feelings about subjecting people to the cans o' decomp smell but I like that the prosecution threw that out there. In front of ICA. And of course no reaction.

I hope they pass out barf cans and mouthwash.:sick:

How many potential jurors were questioned today? Anyone know? At this rate it seems they 3 or 4 weeks to pick out a jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove