2011.05.12 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day FOUR)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened? Did they only question one man? I was interrupted by an important phone call, and last I saw JB was questioning the first person. Now they must be at lunch. The other thread got so long, I can't find the answers.

I moved in October and still have boxes to unpack. Chillax my friend!!:seeya:

DO NOT SAY THAT "MOVING" WORD TO ME. I am still moving. The movers moved me on 4/29 - but I am still moving "STUFF" .....EVERY DAY I MOVE STUFF. I am sick of stuff. I am almost to the point that I am going to leave the rest of my STUFF for somebody else to move out.

Hello, my name is TotallyObsessed and EVIDENTLY I am a hoarder.

Let me also say I feel sorry for the jurors for the assumptions made about them on the www. Thank goodness their faces aren't shown.

HLN is going to talk to to George and Cindy's former atty about the defenses allegations about abuse...maybe once they get wind of the defenses strategies they will change thier tune on "protecting Casey" when they are called to testify and be a little more forthcoming? :waitasec:

Pertaining to the Judge's little speech.

Anyone think HHJP really will make them stay until all 37 done today? I don't.
I think that is a huge threat to the counsel to speed it up or else! One of the things attorneys who are trial lawyers treasure the most is their freedom at the end of a very busy day. HHJP went after something very precious to them -- their free time. I have actually tried cases in criminal courts that went past midnight. Been there. Done that. HHJP could do that. I doubt he will be that extreme in handling jurors at the start of a serious criminal case. The appellate courts take a dim view of trial courts continuing into the wee hours of the morning because of competency of counsel issues that arise. HHJP doesn't want to build in issues like ICA's attorneys were not competent on voir dire of some juror because they were too tired and worn out. There's a range though between continuing past 5:00 p.m. (normal close of business) and an extreme of continuing through 3:00 a.m. -- but where to draw the dividing line is unclear. Surely, he can and will go well after 5:00 p.m.. I'd come back with a sandwich and drink in my briefcase for my post 5:00 p.m. dinner. But, this is clearly a boot in the behinder to get it moving. The fact that he said he only had one court reporter today is probably a clue that the outside limit is whatever overtime period the court reporter is willing to do. It could come down to that. For example, if the court reporter isn't willing to go past 8:00 p.m. or something, then that is when court will end.

DO NOT SAY THAT "MOVING" WORD TO ME. I am still moving. The movers moved me on 4/29 - but I am still moving "STUFF" .....EVERY DAY I MOVE STUFF. I am sick of stuff. I am almost to the point that I am going to leave the rest of my STUFF for somebody else to move out.

Start tossing, say goodbye, drop it off at Goodwill, get rid of it. ;)

What are others' thoughts about what AF was alluding to about KC "used as a decoy and pawn by her parents?" My definition of a decoy is something/someone used as lure to trap. I'm really disturbed by this.....thoughts, anyone?

Good Lord......:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I hope baez is disbarred......i REALLY REALLY do! Although wishing that could possibly be grounds for an appeal! grrrrrrrrrrrr

Let the poor pitiful ICA show begin. DT can say anything they want about how abused she was, or how afriad of her parents she was

Then the State will promptly play:

1) the first f-bomb laden phone call where ICA calls it a "WASTE, HUGE WASTE"

2) the ICA melt-down at the jail visit where she finally shows her true side (not afraid of the parents there now was she?)

3) her big hive-five with bro LA - yea a real abuse victim there now ain't she

poor poor pitiful ICA. IT AIN'T GONNA FLY

Don't you just love waking up to fur ball season in bare feet?

Anyhow, I like this juror. I think he feels defensive and is trying his best to sound impartial but he seems to smart to be fooled by their antics. So far, I would want him on as a good juror for the state. He's a dad. He won't like what he hears.

KC does this thing when she stands up. She balls her fists and holds her bent arms out and looks around by her feet, looking confused. It looks like she's trying to play Disney (or maybe Universal, lol) princess, holding her gown up and looking at the woodland creatures gathered by her feet. I know this sounds odd but if you watch for it I think you'll see what I mean.

Anyway it's annoying because I can really see that she's "acting" innocent/confused.

I can point out another one but you'll hate me for it :) cos you'll notice it from now on

When she goes to sit down she does this thing whereby she puts a hand on each arm of the chair then sloooowly lowers herself down into the seat.....annoying!!

Jean C is saying that they are thinking he is a stealth juror. He seems too perfect.

I agree. I think he is trying very hard to appear totally impartial and get on the jury, and since we don't know WHY that is (if it is), I would not like him to remain, he just doesn't pass my sniff test.. We don't know his true feelings and can't predict which way he would be biased (if he is).

Is GA and CA still 100% supporting ICA and believe she has nothing to do with CA death

JA, LDB, and FG have to be bustin' a gut right now. The DT has totally given away their strategy. This was like a mini trial! :lol:

DT - Um, yeah, we know she is guilty, but listen to all these reasons why it isn't her fault! Unreal. :doh:

I can relate. TOO MUCH STUFF!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member