2011.05.12 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day FOUR)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The laundry list of mitigating factors listed by Ann Finnell today has me thinkng........

This explains why CA and GA are so adamant to sit in the courtroom,

why CA wanted to meet with ICA ,after her little pow wow with the DT

why the STATE ATTORNEYs had NO OBJECTION to the Anthony's sitting in the courtroom

This really will be "must see tv"

I have no words to tell you how much I agree with you!!! The first two day are going to be dy-no-mite!!! CAN'T wait!!! Going to put a message on my phone - I am out of my office for the blank and blank of May, your message is important to me and I will return your call sometime soon! :floorlaugh:

Anyone wondering why the hearing about the death band was cancelled for tomorrow? Me thinks the witness Dorthy Clay Sims was talking about wasn't willing to testify that the "experiment" was anywhere near finished and that is all it is right now... and experiment! So this means the death band is still in, right?
I didn't know about this. Interesting. Was it announced today?

Ooooooooooo... I never thought about that. Like open the can and gesture wildly in front of her, whizzing by to bring it to the jury. LOl Me like.

AND: Here's the squirrel can.... here's the pizza can... here's the human decomp can. That'd be rich.

You forgot the last thing - now here - stick your head in yon car trunk - which two things are just like each other.

what happened to hhjp saying they would get thru all 37?

I had to dvr it myself and fly through, I couldn't watch the entire thing, the judge can't hold the prosecutor or defense to a time limit when questioning the potential jury, so it's taking a lot of time.

No no no.......she was a "decoy" at Target too....george was lurking near the check outline watching ica write the checks "if she knew what was good for her".........:innocent:

Or better yet, told ica to go out and get herself arrested, that way she'd already be locked up for check fraud when everything went down. :waitasec:
:crazy:

whew, just did a speed read of the jury thread, thanks so much to the posters for the updates - wonderful job :)

I dunno what issue, other than there's fresh meat in town and ICA feels threatened that her "boys" are paying more attention to her? lol

Thanks gibby! I was kinda mulling over this the other day when Ms Fryer argued one of the motions and watching the interaction between Ms Fryer, Mason and Baez - this is when ICA relegated herself lower down the totem pole at the desk. I was wondering if she was watching those interactions and feeling left out or envious of the young female lawyer. Ms Fryer has stayed away from ICA and I've seen no acknowledgment by ICA to her at all, not once.

I can't think of ONE person who is going to do the victim impact statement, not one.

How tragic is that.

I believe at this point George, Cindy and Lee will give statements for the mitigation part and ask that ICA's life be spared and the reasons why their daughter/sister should not be killed.

I say 8 weeks - or as long as it took to seat the OJ trial jurors.

MOO

Mel

At the current rate, it sure doesn't appear trial will start next week. I never realized jury selection (especially an initial phase) could be so long, not even for a potential DP case. :waitasec:

I can't think of ONE person who is going to do the victim impact statement, not one.

How tragic is that.

I believe at this point George, Cindy and Lee will give statements for the mitigation part and ask that ICA's life be spared and the reasons why their daughter/sister should not be killed.

Maybe Lee will dust off his "C.M.A." speech. :nyah:

Ooooooooooo... I never thought about that. Like open the can and gesture wildly in front of her, whizzing by to bring it to the jury. LOl Me like.

AND: Here's the squirrel can.... here's the pizza can... here's the human decomp can. That'd be rich.

I'm wondering if the jury will be taken on a field trip to see the car, which is stored in the Orange County Sheriff's impound yard. I wonder how it smells after being closed up for almost 3 years. It should be very ripe!

I'm wondering if the jury will be taken on a field trip to see the car, which is stored in the Orange County Sheriff's impound yard. I wonder how it smells after being closed up for almost 3 years. It should be very ripe!

AZ keeps indicating that the jury will NOT have this kind of field trip. The following is copied/pasted from a March 2011 exchange on the Verified Lawyers thread:

Ynot: OK, a day late and a dollar short as my grandma used to say, but AZ refreshed me on why the jury will likely not take a trip to the Pontiac:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
Basically because (1) the smell has likely dissipated to some extent so the SA is unlikely to ask, and (2) the jurors are presumably not all familiar with the smell of human decomposition, so what information would it provide to them? It is more helpful for them to hear from people who can compare the car smell to the smell of human decomp.

Victim impact. There were a lot of questions today about victim impact statements. Who the he77 will be giving them? The grandparents who had the lovely welcome home dinner with casey, not mentioning Caylee once, when casey supposedly had info that could not be uttered until that moment because it could endanger her daughter? The grandparents, brother and future sister in law who were all smiles and "keeping it light" when they should have been doing this?:

runnionx.jpg

Or will it be Lee, the guy who basically used Caylee's memorial to tearfully give a love sonnet to his despicable sister?

I;m wondering if perhaps both sides believe that after the DT is finished with the family, they will all be willing to get up and scream about how casey took their baby. I don't think it would ever happen, though. Is there someone else who can give a statement?

Good question. I would think casey would have to testify to that, unless they use her jail letters which wouldn't have much impact. Maybe she will testify during the penalty phase: "I was molestered by the daddy I told was a great father during a jail visit."

I don't blame the guy. I'm an attorney and I would have been sweating bullets to be up there on the hot seat, questioned in a case I just found out I might serve on, with cameras all over the place, a serious judge and tons of grim-faced attorneys. I;m sure he would be different in the jury room. Poor people. I have never seen anything like this.

Yeah, chances are had she not decided to murder Caylee, and had she not had so much male interest and an active social life to distract her, she would have started to make Caylee sick so she could get attention as the martyr mother.

I'm kinda hoping that Caylee's great-grandma, Shirley, might give a victim's impact statement. Maybe's George's parents???

I think it would be terrible if no one gave a victim's impact statement for Caylee. :frown:

What time did they end? I left work at 6 and they were still going.

Anyone else having a hard time working and watching - and we are only on the jury stage???? YIKES!!

Yes. I was not watching but I was listening to the trial while multi-tasking at work when a co-worker came in and started a conversation with me. Now he could clearly hear the trial and could clearly see that I was consumed with listening to it but he stood there anyway talking to me about nothing. I ignored him hoping he would get the hint and leave but you know the type, they just don't get it. Well, I finally had enough so I turned around and gave him the biggest eyeroll that you can imagine. I didn't even know I had that in me, I'm sure I looked like a crazy psycho...It was so big it caused my head to start hurting. I almost feel as though I should apologize but my goodness, how rude is it to stand behind someone and keep talking. If I do decide to apologize, it will be after the verdict. Hopefully, he will spread the word to the rest of the office so I don't have to do my deadly-psycho-eyerolling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout