2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE MORNING SESSION

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... I am a nurse and I totally disagree that most of us act like doctors or turn around to be enablers..

moo...

JB - would you like to be a juror on this case?
PJ - yes I would.
JB - why?
I can't hear the PJ's response.

The DT isn't going to want someone with experience working with sexual abuse and physical abuse they know how people who have been abused act.

I know sexual abuse from a father (my daughter was abused by my exhusband) too well.

Nope, she wont be in. A 4 year old grand-daughter who's life she is active in. Jose should ask pot jurer what would happen if her wee darling just *disappeared* for 31 days.

ETA- but if he does ask that he there would NEVER be a jury seated... there is just NO WAY to get around the 31 days. Not PTSD, not ugly coping, NOT NUTHIN'.

She just started to say "the" right decision and switched to "a" right decision. My hinky meter went off.

Have you treated victims of abuse both physical and sexual - yes, at the women's clinic, gave them treated, worked with doctors, have you worked with someone who delayed reporting it? Yes, some wouldn't come until at least a week afterwards, and we did what we needed to do.
Grandchildren, one of each - 4 year old daughter and a five month old grandson - see them once or twice a week. Baez needs a moment for further questions. Checks with Mason.

Based upon her experience with real victims I'd say they (DT) don't want this woman on the jury. She will see right through ICA.

I don't know if I like her, she is trying to be everything to everyone....wants in too badly. Stealth juror IMO.

Do we know how many potential jurors will be heard today?

So far this one is being questioned for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

And of course Baez does - what kind of books - Mystery fiction. Is it the role of the juror to solve a mystery - is this what attracts you to being on jury? Is this what interests you as an aspect in serving on this jury. Do you want to be on this jury - Yes, because I think I can be fair and impartial.
She watches Discovery channel, House and Home, never watched Dr.G. In your brothers trial did the jury use a presumption of innocence?

I'm getting the sense that the DT is going to go after Dr. G and discredit her findings.

I love all the different opinions here. You guys see and hear things I don't, or look at it from a different angle I hadn't considered. So glad we're not expected to just nod and agree with each other.

(((sleuthers)))

Awww...She has a 4 year-old grand daughter. Not looking good...I bet that she will be booted by DT. He just asked the question that will hang her...and she answered she WANTS to be a juror. And I bet she does! Nothing like the opportunity to serve up a little justice for an innocent child!

She has a "problem" daughter and is a nurse. Will she bond with and be sympathetic with Cindy??

I think she may sympathize in the 'problem child' aspect, but it strikes me that she was highly uncomfortable in discussing her daughter's probation, which tells me she's very aware her daughter was in the wrong. Cindy, on the other hand, doesn't think her daughter did anything wrong, SODDI. This lady sounds like a good nurse. I wouldn't want CA near me with a ten foot pole.

YMMV of course.

Defense wants her. Prosecution lets her through. We got a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966