2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE MORNING SESSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge - we cannot ask you to prejudge this case. :woohoo:
But that's exactly what Ms Finnell is pressuring him to do, asking those particular questions. Juror should just tell her, that's what he'll consider if he's instructed to do so.

I really feel for these jurors as this is so much for them to digest! It's like learning a new language.

I don't think going to school, getting good or decent grades and being a good employee should be mitigating factors. Isn't that what everyone is supposed to do?

Judge takes over...finally! AF just refuses to play by the rules.

I like this prospective juror, he appears to be very honest.
Not just answering what he believes should be the right answer, to get on this jury.

DT will wanna strike him.
IMO

wow... I am a nurse and I totally disagree that most of us act like doctors or turn around to be enablers..

moo...

:rocker: Why act like a Doctor when you've set the bar higher and chosen to be an RN. Enablers? We aren't the ones RXing oxycontin for ingrown toenails. Who said this nursebeme?

Yes, in fact that will be the main purpose of it. We will have all succinct 20 juror profiles posted in one thread so we can refer back to it during the course of the trial.

:gomods: :yourock:

Yeah, I think this guy wants to answer truthfully, but isn't understanding the whole concept.

If you cannot grasp mitigating & aggravating then, to me, you are not qualified to be a juror in a DP case. JMO.
But if these terms are defined clearly, perhaps he could grasp the concepts. AF is confusing him.

define mitigation and he will answer.

But maybe he really doesn't hink age, abuse, etc is not factors.

I think the poor guy is going home tonight and look up the word mitigation. I didn't know what it meant before WS.

He didn't really understand what mitigating means, me thinks.

Thanks to you all for the welcomes, they are much appreciated. :D

I very much hope to catch the trial, at the risk of sounding stupid, when is the trial expected to start?

Hi and Welcome!

Judge Perry hopes to start on Tuesday, 5/17. I don't ever underestimate the man because he can make magic happen, however my prediction is a week from Monday, 5/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand