2011.05.13 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Five)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About that screen cap - IMHO I thought it looked more like facebook than WS BUT the DT has DS AND RB - they should have thoroughly vetted the inital 67 that made the first cut by now.

You check fb, ebay, he77 - even just google their name; look for screen names / aliases - etc. etc. THIS should have already been done. I know in the beginning it couldn't have been - they just got the inital questionnaires from them - but still.

I'm sure they have found some that have already posted on fb about being called back, or whatever - why would it matter what side finds something like that - SHARE IT and get them excused - move on - NEXT

To me - it seems this hasn't been done or is being done so sloppily that the whole works are gummed up and its taking forever.

Ok - I'm done now. sorry - just had to so if DS or RB ARE, in fact, checking us out - there ya go - I just gave ya a lil what what about how its done. NOW GO GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

10 or 15 min recess while state and defense get together to see if they can work out how many they will get through tomorrow, so they should be back soon....well soonish

Perhaps someone posted a name variation? Like if someone called me "Kimmie" instead of "Kimster" or something like that? :dunno:

BTW, I don't mind if you guys call me Kimmie, just don't call me late to dinner. :kimsterwink:

You got it, cupcake. ;)

Does anyone know what the point of this recess was? My internet connection cut out and I missed it.

From what I could gather. HHJP said there are still 21 potential jurors and JA said that what if the SA and the defense could get together and wipe out a certain number that they both know won't work or can agree on.

CM: spoke but could not be heard because of the mics. JA said he could not hear CM. I could not either.

HHJP: said that CM said he wanted to give him additional information. CM had said something about "websites."

HHJP: was going into where the pot jurors were waiting to apologize and to read them some of the statements. He took the court reporter in with him for record.

It is recess and they will be back today. For how long? And they will work tomorrow per HHJP, Saturday.

:blowkiss:

Have to run out quick for cat food and birdseed. Outside birdies are yelling at me, and poor kitty had to eat tuna yesterday. awww - she didn't mind too much.
see ya' in a bit.

Here's a time saving hint. Let the cat eat the birds and you don't have to buy food for any of them. :floorlaugh:

Judge Perry said from the get go that they would work Saturday. Did Jose Baez actually say he had something else to do?

I really get the feeling the DT is trying to make this as difficult,as long and as expensive s possible.

Just got back so I'm not sure what the deal was, but you're fine. :)

Just a friendly reminder in Jury Selection thread that the repeated use of IMASK (I Married A Serial Killer) is NOT an appropriate name for Mrs. Bolin under our Terms of Service....

:seeya:

yep Mason was holding a law book, going on about cases, JA couldn't hear him and JPerry said just give me the cites

wftv gave up the feed so am now on reflector.

Just a friendly reminder in Jury Selection thread that the repeated use of IMASK (I Married A Serial Killer) is NOT an appropriate name for Mrs. Bolin under our Terms of Service....

:seeya:

Oh THAT's what that means! :nono:

:tos:

Thanks for clearing that up, Kent! :blowkiss:

I think it was "cites" not web "sites"................

RespectfullyQuoted tehcloser :cool2:

You may be right about that. My mind went to the word "site" but it very well could be "cites." :tyou: For some reason I had the picture of a computer in my mind when it was being said, but I could not hear and I may have thought computer because I heard "sites."

:crazy: (me)

Judge Perry said from the get go that they would work Saturday. Did Jose Baez actually say he had something else to do?

I really get the feeling the DT is trying to make this as difficult,as long and as expensive s possible.

That loooong sidebar before initiated by Baez was about working/not working on Saturday.

Maybe Baez has better things to do or maybe he knows Mason can't handle the pace or maybe another attempt to thwart justice - by delaying.

JB has never wanted to work Saturdays, from the beginning. Judge P keeps threatening it, but this time he means it.

JB may have fun Saturday plans??? IDK.

When a thread closes...can a link be provided to the side bar thread and vice versa so we can quickly transport ourselves? Pretty please?

I did too? :waitasec:

Nope, just a recess, the Judge is giving them about 10/15 mins for them to see if they can reach agreement on how many they will get through tomorrow so they can ask a certain number of people to come in rather than all of them so to negate the chance of people sitting there all day for nothing.

Prolly so cause I think they know what the end result will be.

He was busy the last hour texting...so maybe he did have plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
localghost