2011.05.14 Jury Selection Day SIX (morning session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They dont do the electric chair anymore? Im from florida but havent lived here in a while. old sparky!

The prisoner has the option of the needle or old sparky, yes. I've been hoping Casey chooses the chair. It would be nice to see the lights flashing.

Sparky hasn't been inactive for a while though, time to fire it up again.

Time to go get busy, since AF is up. I'd rather shove bamboo shoots underneath my fingernails than to have to try to listen to her 'ho-hum', lull me to sleep, monotone, "that make sense?" interrogation style. Anyone feel this way when AF is up? yawnnnnn ....

I thank all of you that keep us updated as to what is going on with the prospective jurors! Thank you! :)

You know what, at this point I don't care! The DT is so focused on LWOP or the DP, that they expect a guilty verdict. So what are we doing here? Shouldn't she just take a plea and get LWOP? I get the whole horse before the car thang, but they are just as much saying their client is guilty as all get out!

MOO

Mel

"As Judge Perry told you..."

YES! He did! Which is why you don't have to repeat it!
GRR!

:banghead:

Since Ms. Finnell is still up after morning ablutions, making coffee, stepping outside on the balcony to have a look at dawn, etc., I'm taking this opportunity to switch to cnn....

Why is there always so many sidebars when AF is up? She really should be spoken harshly to by HHJP.

No strong views, doesn't watch news, doesn't like upsetting news, never thought about DP, etc>but he's an atheist and a 9 or 10 out of 10 pro-death penalty?

Believe he's got strong views (no prob with that!), just be truthful.

You know what, at this point I don't care! The DT is so focused on LWOP or the DP, that they expect a guilty verdict. So what are we doing here? Shouldn't she just take a plea and get LWOP? I get the whole horse before the car thang, but they are just as much saying their client is guilty as all get out!

MOO

Mel
Ms Anthony would have to agree with the conditions of a plea, the state and defense have to agree on conditions, and the judge would have to approve the whole kit and caboodle.The defense probably realizes the LWOP is their best hope, but Ms Anthony is still in lala land.

MOO and stuff.

I think it used to be, now, I think, people understand it just means that the individual is of no particular religious thinking. (I think people used to think it was akin to devil worshipping, well, some did. At least in the small town I grew up in. Not everyone was fully educated on anything, had to start working at very young ages, so...)

Atheists do not believe in the existence of gods.

MOO

Mel

I can't help but agree. I've never seen anything like this before.

I was out of the room; what brought them to sidebar?

I did catch that. It was as to the 'mercy' issue that AF insists on asking every juror whether mercy could have an impact on their decision re death sentence.
I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member