2011.05.14 Jury Selection Day SIX (morning session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HHJP: what is the next number madam court deputy. There will be, I know we have some disagreements as to what kind of questions should be asked dealing with mercy. There is not a great deal of guidance but they say you can ask. OMIE found that, the question that was asked of the pot juror was could they consider mercy even if the factors outweighed mitigation. As long as they are asking about mercy and not getting someone to commit, would you consider it? As I said at side bar, this issue is confusing to say the least. We have juror 1392, okay.

IMO, JB wants to get rid of two of the best jurors possible that might be willing to cut his client some slack. (ETA he did succeed with the one yesterday, in fact.)

I really don't think that guy yesterday from WV was lying, outright about his criminal record. I think he misunderstood. Afterall they are probably in the courtroom that he had to go to for his DUI, and he can't be that stupid as to think with all these lawyers, no one would check for criminal records.

I also don't believe that PJ was into crime memorabilia, as JB tried very hard to imply. He had reviewed ONE movie, that was based on crimes that occured in the town in WV that the PJ lived in, prior to moving to FL.

Someone yesterday here implied that PJ was lying due to being on disability, and kayaking being one of his hobbies. I disagree with that. The man had stated his disability was due to nerve damage in his leg due to diabetes. If I'm not mistaken, kayaking uses your arms, not your legs.

Just because someone is disabled from being able to do their work, doesn't mean they are totally paralyzed from living day to day life.

Talking about mercy.....have disagreements on what to ask...could you consider....side bar he said earlier. this issue is confusing to say the least..

So, it appears the DT is counting on a guilty verdict but wants mercy used in getting that LWOP....JMHO

Did anyone catch Ann Finnell rubbing her face in tiredness when ICA was nattering away in her ear about something? AFinnell didn't seem to pay much attention to her.

Yes it is, But some are saying they said 3-4 years ago, but he still may have been a juvie?

PJ 1392 - good morning sir - can't hear his voice well but doesn't sound very young.

Is this televised today anywhere I can't find it on IS? TIA

Poten Juror: heard basically the general news reports; what it was about, nothing in detail
-name, 1st degree murder charge

Seriously, every time I see "DT" I think it stands for "death team" first and correct myself in my mind!

Starting to think that possible evil defense team minions are handing out Benjamins out on the front steps so PT's say they already have a guilty opinion. LOL

:lol: Judge Perry is amused that this man thinks NG is very opinionated! She talks foolishness. Casey seems interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat