2011.05.16 Jury Selection Thread DAY SEVEN (Afternoon Edition)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror Recap #3163: Older female.

Pretrial Publicity: *Gets most of her news from TV news. *Knows that "the childs grandmother was alarmed when she found out the baby was missing for a month and was upset her daughter didn't tell her and then her daughter told her she dropped her baby off at the foot of the stairs at the babysitters house but that the babysitter didn't exist." *Knows that Casey said she worked at Universal Studios, but really didn't. *Remembers there was a lot of crowds, news media, etc. around the home and Casey was eventually put into jail. *Knows that Caylee's remains were found in the woods nearby where the grandparents lived and there was duct taped involved. *Occasionally watches CNN, Court TV/TruTV and Nancy Grace. *Saw on the news that there was a debate about whether Casey's phone records would be allowable, and also who would pay for her defense. *Says she likes 48 Hours but has not seen any 48 Hours shows regarding the case. *Is familiar with Judge Perry and the attorneys from both sides. *Says she drew the conclusion that Casey "might have used something to put the baby to sleep and it went too far". *Says "I don't trust the media". *Knows who George and Cindy Anthony are. Said she thinks they are "concerned and involved grandparents". *Loves the St. Petersburg Times.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Says she "has always been in favor of it". *Is familiar with The Innocence Project.

Misc.: *Was a teacher for 19 years in speech therapy. *Originally from Gary, Indiana. Has lived in Florida for 30 years. *Never been on a jury before. *Dated a man who was attacked by a man outside of grocery store (attempted robbery situation)- wasn't there. *Has been involved for litigation for a car accident, and her divorce. *Active in Sierra Club and Friendship Force.

Family: *Divorced (for 30 years). *Ex husband was an artist and a teacher. *Has 2 boys (ages 41 and 43). *Son has quadruplet boys and works at Chrysler (lives in Indiana). Other son is on disability and lives in Texas. *Sees her grandchildren 1-2 times per year.

State: Challenges. No reason given.
Defense: No challenges/objections.

Excused.

Missed that why the State Challenge???

By the way hi all been with you just quite today, stupid work pffftttt!!!!

Excused. No arguments. I'm sure the seated jurors will be greatful. My head is killing me. :banghead:

and I bet she is pizzed off, and calling all her friends to say how unfair.... LOL

Pretrial Publicity: *Gets most of her news from TV news. *Knows that "the childs grandmother was alarmed when she found out the baby was missing for a month and was upset her daughter didn't tell her and then her daughter told her she dropped her baby off at the foot of the stairs at the babysitters house but that the babysitter didn't exist." *Knows that Casey said she worked at Universal Studios, but really didn't. *Remembers there was a lot of crowds, news media, etc. around the home and Casey was eventually put into jail. *Knows that Caylee's remains were found in the woods nearby where the grandparents lived and there was duct taped involved. *Occasionally watches CNN, Court TV/TruTV and Nancy Grace. *Saw on the news that there was a debate about whether Casey's phone records would be allowable, and also who would pay for her defense. *Says she likes 48 Hours but has not seen any 48 Hours shows regarding the case. *Is familiar with Judge Perry and the attorneys from both sides. *Says she drew the conclusion that Casey "might have used something to put the baby to sleep and it went too far". *Says "I don't trust the media". *Knows who George and Cindy Anthony are. Said she thinks they are "concerned and involved grandparents". *Loves the St. Petersburg Times.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Says she "has always been in favor of it". *Is familiar with The Innocence Project.

Misc.: *Was a teacher for 19 years in speech therapy. *Originally from Gary, Indiana. Has lived in Florida for 30 years. *Never been on a jury before. *Dated a man who was attacked by a man outside of grocery store (attempted robbery situation)- wasn't there. *Has been involved for litigation for a car accident, and her divorce. *Active in Sierra Club and Friendship Force.

Family: *Divorced (for 30 years). *Ex husband was an artist and a teacher. *Has 2 boys (ages 41 and 43). *Son has quadruplet boys and works at Chrysler (lives in Indiana). Other son is on disability and lives in Texas. *Sees her grandchildren 1-2 times per year.

State: Uses a strike. No reason given.

Excused.
these are her cliff's notes right? LOL

thanks KC for all you do with these!!!

As a one time special for enduring that last lady, I am going to open Sidebar for those of you who need a quick virtual shot of anything and leave this thread open too. Meet back here when court resumes.

why not ask the judge to excuse instead of using one of the States strikes? I mean there was clearly enough for the judge to excuse her with cause?

State: Uses a strike. No reason given.

Excused.

Exceptional recap!!!

Missed that why the State Challenge???

By the way hi all been with you just quite today, stupid work pffftttt!!!!

No reason given. They took a peremptory. No one opposed. :wink:

Mostly talking like.....
8496.jpg

Blue Jackets fan, I think Richard Hornsby gave the Foghorn Leghorn name to CM! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

why not ask the judge to excuse instead of using one of the States strikes? I mean there was clearly enough for the judge to excuse her with cause?

she clearly stated she could set aside what she heard in media.... they would have been denied...

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member