2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for Pete Sake .... ok JOSE you only have 2 left young man.... use them wisely.

AF handed ICA a note, as she was reading it her eyebrows shot to the sky.

DT using a strike on (didn't catch the number)

[FONT=&quot]16-Juror recap #1159[/FONT][FONT=&quot] White male 36 years old

Pretrial Publicity: doesn't recall anything - first heard about case in 2008 - just heard murder trial; doesn't watch the TV news; reads St. Petersburg Times newspaper; doesn't read any news on the internet; doesn't watch NG or Geraldo or 48 hours; has had no discussions w/ relatives; people at work asked about this trial when they kenw of his jury duty; no one has offered opinion on case; has no problem setting aside his opinion; does not watch morning news; only listens to sports talk radio; does not watch CNN HLN; has not seen or heard any of the attorneys in this case; does not blog or read blogs; doesn't know CA or GA; has not research case on internet nor watched any hearings. No questions from DT

Death Penalty Stance: no real opinion on DP; would be able to weigh the mitagating and aggravting circumstances; no problem following instructions from Judge; could vote for DP. SA no questions. AF - 1-10 scale - he would be towards the side of the DP. has no personal, religious beliefs for DP opinion; does not belong to any socail, political or religious groups; believes media should have no influence; mercy - didn't quite understand but then said it would be on a case by case and depend on the circumstances - it could be appropriate; does not beleive in an eye for an eye.

Misc.: Education - has a BA in political science from Roanoak College, graduated in 2001; has no experience or knwoledge of HRD dogs or their training; very little expertise in computers, no hacking (or unlcoking) knowledge; has not been a victim or a witness of any crime. Was arrested in 1997 DUI but was not convicted; Who are you question: I'm in my 30's I have a young son 13 months old; like the beach, college sports and likes to run

Family: Married in 2003. Wife is a pharmacy consultant - not a pharmacist - works as a contract analyst (pricing) ; He works for the VA in the regional office; is a manager; has a team of 16 people and are disability raters; wokrs at Bay Pines; been with the VA since 2001 - becamse a manager in 2007

State - no objections or challenges Defense - no objections or challenges

Called back for next round, day 8 dt back strikes juror, he is out. [/FONT]

OFGS - DT JUST BOOTED SEAT 35; 1159. GDIT.

Sorry, I need to step away -- can't do this anymore!

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
3308: He had baseball tickets to see the Milwaukee Brewers, but canceled them because of the jury selection.
3015: Female, no hrdshp; no family or financial; medical, needs labwork done once for kidney transplant; HHJP asks about "any" lab and there's no problem; will be pd by work, born in Warren Ohio
3185: Male, Jim (he mentioned his name in court), 53, no hardships, has plane tickets to leave Thursday. Currently unemployed, enjoys photography.
3238: Being questioned

BYE!! Be back when I can regain my sanity. It's only 2:00 is it too early for a glass of wine?

Who knew that a strike was coming since they just seated #12? Raise your hand!

How obvious is it that JB is trying his best to keep the number of jurors below 12? Mister Baez, we have your number.

What is with the little giggle after each statement by this juror?

I admire HHJP's restraint. If I were him, I would come across that bench and punch Jose Baez in the nose!

As much as ICA touches her eyes, nose and mouth, she for sure has picked up about 753 viruses from the people around her.

Too funny on Saturday my dh was home and I had been listening all day. He laid down to take a nap so I turned down the volume and he said why did you do that it, it was putting him to sleep. Guess who was speaking? AF.

Hilarious!!!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members