2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This lady sounds like my grandmother did. I listen to her and think of my Nana. She had to make a similar decision regarding my Poppy.
I think she will be a good juror because she has needed to be very thoughtful around a very difficult circumstance.
She sounds like a real good woman.
MOO

I think I could recite AF's questions for her at this point too. Good thing she is the only one on the DT that doesn't get on my nerves!

I like this juror. In my mind she is a small grandmotherly type. When she walked in, I noticed a couple of people in the audience got an involuntary smile just looking at her. Would love to know if I'm right! Where's Jim Lichtenstein when ya need him?

He said dolly Parton before she got any work done.... Big hair and bright red blouse.

My next fondest hope is that on the first day of trial, the state begins their opening statement with a slide presentation of pictures of Caylee and ends the slide presentation with the last known video of Caylee singing "You Ar My Sunshine" to her great-grandpa. And then goes into their opening statement stating that this is what this trial is all about, a beautiful 2-year-old girl who was murdered.

I sincerely hope not.

With respect to Caylee (and I would be the last person to dispute that her death is nothing less then terrible), ICA is entitled to a fair trial (I would churn out the usual thing about a trial not being about the victim per se but to determine whether or not that the State has proved the Defendant is Guilty of the crime charged.

Unfortunately, as emotional as we all can be about Caylee (and she was an adorable child) the cold, hard truth is that Caylee's cuteness, her pretty face, her life, the way she would make those around her smile is not at all relevant to the guilt of ICA or anything to do with her death.

For the Penalty phase, however, that could well be relevant.

My next fondest hope is that on the first day of trial, the state begins their opening statement with a slide presentation of pictures of Caylee and ends the slide presentation with the last known video of Caylee singing "You Ar My Sunshine" to her great-grandpa. And then goes into their opening statement stating that this is what this trial is all about, a beautiful 2-year-old girl who was murdered.

I don't see how anyone cannot deny this prescious little girl of justice and I find it hard to believe that the state can prove that Casey was not involved.
If she does not cry sincerely she is doomed and for some reason I don't think she will because she is a narcistic sociopath which I must admit is sad but does not in any way excuse what she has done.

Do you think when this is all said and done and over with that all the lawyers will hang at a bar tossing back a few, laughing and carrying on ala St. Elmo's Fire?

My dad always went out and drank and ate with the prosecutors after trials. He said it was important to keep on good terms with them. They also gave him lost of referrals for business believe it or not. lol [ if you needed a lawyer and you had a friend in the prosecutors office, wouldnt you want their advice?]

Anyone get a screenshot of ICA's face there? I just switched to it.

Lady just said that she has been married three times. All husbands passed away. Casey thinks it's very funny.

JP married 3 times and theyve all passed away. ICA giving that oh wow look. Does she get that not 1 of these PJ stories even come close to her .....

ICA grimmacing at how this ladies husbands passed away?!?! What about the way Caylee passed away? No problem there huh? ugggh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member