2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Morning Edition)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man...things are going to get ugly here. By ugly I mean ugly, ugly, ugly! JB may be making a little sense here by acknowlaging that Ms. JB has been elequent in her presentation.
Ugly goes clear to the bone and beauty is only skin deep. There is not one ounce of ugly in Ms. JB. Honest to the core!

Now...question - when we request transcripts of a hearing we did -- they are a rush transcript and cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. Does Baez and co have to pay for these? (not sure how florida works) We have to hand the check to the court reporter before she will turn them over.

OMG - hell hath froze over - is BAEZ quoting scripture???? I'm surely not hearing this right.

Did JB just reference Romans and Timothy in the Bible?

Is JB really quoting the Bible?

I got one for ya!

"Thou shalt not kill."

Baez wants transcripts from jurors 1129, 1011, 3119, 3397 to review answers on religious beliefs and other opinions.

I don't have them on the original 11 list. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mel

I agree. The judge backed himself into a corner on this one, and now JB is calling him out on it. If he is going to hear SA's objection, then he has to let JB do his thing.

the judge did not make the error imhoo... it was the state.

Guys, I see some are calling them "preemptive strikes" I've been calling them peremptive strikes. As English is not my native language, can someone please tell me which one is correct: Preemptive or Peremptive? Or do they mean the same thing?

TIA!

JB: juror 1129 (transcripts of) 1011, 3119 as well and also that of 3397. Cause, the raymond james.

HHJP: what do you plan to do?

LDB: what LDB is doing. in responding to that what she has done is by reiterating the arguments we have had and that is having to do with equivication and it comes up again and again and all the case law she argues...when it is not convienent for the state...blah, whine...

they are being mean to us....

JB: looking at what this juror responded to her response was: she states my religion i don't point the finger. sounds to me that she is talking about gossip.

Jose: is quoting the bible now.

JB: followed up by the court. wanted to make it clear. asked her can you render a decision based on the evidence?

IMHO: Jose told Casey that juror would cause the hung jury she wants. he will fight HARD to get this woman in.

JOSE is on fire.

Hmm ....getting a feeling this is where this process is going to go sideways....anxiously awaiting HHJP's response to get this process back on track.

I really think the only way HHJP keeps this under control is to deny the SA's petition. It stinks, but he can't give JB the opportunity to say the Court is only playing on a One-Way Street.

I just tuned in and JB is reading the lesson from the Bible?
I think I know which Juror they are discussing. CM should get up and apologize to JA.
Anyone who listened to that lady knows she cannot do it for several reasons.

Sorry you guys, but I felt that this juror was also talking about gossip when she said not judging anyone by what someone else says.

HHJP will give in to JB. Here we come hung jury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member