2011.05.18 Jury Selection Day Nine

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get any bad vibes from him, he is very responsive to LDB, I don't feel he wanted the families dirty linen washed in public, so he asked for a private sidebar. I don't blame him.
The fact that JB jumped up to object, told me he wasn't pleased with the connection LDB was making with this juror.

I'm on the fence with this guy...he may write a book/play about the case but honestly, how many other people will do the same thing. He sounds educated, he has been honest about everything and that's a plus. Let's see how he handles the DT questioning.

I don't see any real problem with him, he's a positive guy, he's persistant, he seems to enjoy life.

I also don't think he's arrogant or cocky, he is confident in himself, nothing wrong with that.

When JA asked this pj if he wanted to be on the jury the reply was yes. Then JA asked him why? His reply was "why not."
Now we know that he is an artsy playwright with a suspect background.
I think he has ants up the pants to become famous with a book titled: "You Took My Life Away" Part 2. One Mans perspective as a juror on the KC Anthony trial.
b and bbm

how do we know this? it could have been a family member... we do not know it was HIS background as it was done in sidebar

moo

I would not be surprised if the prosecution uses a strike.

Oh, Lordy. Baez is back to using "May it please the court." He heard Ann F. use it this morning and it reminded him to use it. Because when he stood up the first time this morning, he hadn't heard AF use it, so he forgot to say it. It is NOT his habit to use this phrase, as it appears to be AF's.

I have no idea how to feel about this one. Some of his answers are a little odd, but he REALLY has a sexy voice. He can keep talking if he wants.

Nothing is REALLY making me want him or not want him on the jury, though.

I think this is how he feels about being on the jury. He really doesn't care. If he is chosen fine, if he isn't chosen, he's fine with that too.

There's the "cloaked with the presumption of innocence" again.
:dracula::

Per WESH:

Interesting situation ahead: If the state issue a peremptory challenge on Juror 3283, and the defense issues a Batson challenge that is sustained, the 12-member jury will be ready to be seated. If the defense wants to see more jurors, they will not want to use a Batson challenge.

At first I felt this guy may not be a good juror, possibly stealth. However now I have changed my mind. I just think he is firm in some of his thoughts and one of those types to not necessarily follow very much "media" stuff. Not everyone is a news junkie or crime follower. I guess I am on the fence but feel given his nursing and chemistry major he may actually be good for the SA.

I don't know about stealth but IMHO he's got ulterior motives here. To me his flippant, arrogant and full of himself. He's got secrets he didn't want to put out there.

He's a composer and playwright. He knows computers. He wants a macbook pro - knew exactly want make and model he wants - not "just a laptop".

There are many computer programs for composing and its so much easier to write on a computer than to handwrite or even type out plays.

I do believe the State will use a strike for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77