2011.05.18 Jury Selection Day Nine

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised so many like this guy for the jury. IMO, he has an agenda. Wants to be famous, me thinks.

IMO, Baez has been trying to "charm" the PJ's in order to have them like him, hoping that if they like him, they won't vote against his client.

JMHO

I really feel this guy is hiding something. He is kind of vague and I don't feel he is being truthful-at the least-untruthful by non admission. Something ain't right.

They won't have a facility after tomorrow for jury selection.

Per WESH:

Interesting situation ahead: If the state issue a peremptory challenge on Juror 3283, and the defense issues a Batson challenge that is sustained, the 12-member jury will be ready to be seated. If the defense wants to see more jurors, they will not want to use a Batson challenge.

Well, until someone uses another backstrike..

OH crap the 10 min recess before the Judge reviewed the law and now the judge is having second thoughts on the DT argument about questioning all of the jurors.

Perry said something about starting the process all over again? What, I zoned out for a minute?

I don't know about stealth but IMHO he's got ulterior motives here. To me his flippant, arrogant and full of himself. He's got secrets he didn't want to put out there.

He's a composer and playwright. He knows computers. He wants a macbook pro - knew exactly want make and model he wants - not "just a laptop".

There are many computer programs for composing and its so much easier to write on a computer than to handwrite or even type out plays.

I do believe the State will use a strike for this one.

IMHO, the SA and DT were spoken to by the PJ in the same manner they spoke to him. When LDB spoke more "gently" he responded in kind - lots of soft laughs and such, for example.

As for the computer make/model - My 15 yo stepson knew exactly which one he wanted as well, and he's no computer pro by a long shot. Most people check out this information so they know how much they need to save to make the purchase. This PJ doesn't seem to have a lot of money, so I think that would be a "normal" bit of info for him to have/need.

Again, my :twocents: with all due respect!

Oh no, HHJP just mentioned the possibility of going to a new venue and starting all over :(

Noooooooooooooo! JP just gave them the option of starting all over in a week!!!

Something is brewing at the moment. Why can't Baez answer a question without giving a speech, geez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran