2011.05.18 Jury Selection Day Nine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DT is done, they have reached the end of the hallway!
and they're going to turn around and say "Ok - you caught me - I don't really work here!"

:floorlaugh:

I think hey are looking for additional pre-empts....... and he may just give them.... to avoid this challenge from holding any value.

LOVE that JA backed up HH and the selection process! "This motion should have been brought months ago" (paraphrasing)

Here comes Papa Judge's lecture about he has already treated kc's case very special . . . and quit whining DT or it could get worse for you. Everyone has bent over backwards for this accused . . . but she doesn't get better stuff than anyone else. . . .

CJBP - Some of these folks have been in limbo for over a week.

I missed the breakfast at the sidebar - I may starve til a break.
But I LOVE HHBP!!

now talking about the first juror that hhjp permitted them 4 hours to question him

HHJP has brought in over 150 people as possible PJs. SC rules is 50 plus 3 plus he believes an additional 3 for a high profile case.

There has been no limitation placed on the DT.

If it's an issue of pre-trial publicity, the DT has JB to thank as well as their client's family. The SA did not go on TV in regard to this case whatsoever (that I noticed).

The hardship issue would apply to almost ANY case, not specifically theirs, of the projected duration.

Additionally, the DT (both sides, really) agreed to the process regarding strikes, etc. as well.

Fail.

:giggle: CJBP - The dirty little secret of jury selection is that the lawyers want people favorable to their side. But they don't want to talk about it.

I think hey are looking for additional pre-empts....... and he may just give them.... to avoid this challenge from holding any value.

Exactly! Every time the DT wants something they shake the appeals stick as a reason why they should get it. sigh!

If they are so unhappy with the jurors then she should be forced to have a bench trial.I know I'm dreaming and trying to make my own rules, I just want this over and for ICA to be a convicted murderer........

Judge clearly had done his homework long ago -- I love his anticipation skills, so in the spirit of anticipation I am sitting here ready for his ruling..........:tos::denied::denied::denied::denied:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius