2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief! I was set to leave the office when they said 5 minute break and here I am how long later finally leaving and now they have a break. I have a question...when the SA tried to strike the AA woman there was a Batson challenge. Could the DT have used that again?

Anybody get the gist of what Judge P said just before they broke for lunch? I heard somebody was going to accommodate with a facility, just not who?

Maybe somebody advised the Judge on some case law and he wants to review it...or perhaps the Judge is going to review the law closer so he can bring the hammer down even more!!!!!!!

I don't drink alcohol but I think I could right now for REAL

Anybody get the gist of what Judge P said just before they broke for lunch? I heard somebody was going to accommodate with a facility, just not who?

I believe he said Judge Grady. They made arrangements to have the courtroom for Friday and Saturday.

Here's the problem I have and hate me if you must but. Finding out if they could have the courtroom could have ALREADY been dealt with, drama for nothing. AND Making threats that OPENING STATEMENTS WILL START MONDAY AT 9 AM, (oh, errr, if we have a jury)............is crap.

Bringing over from the other thread because it closed as I posted it.

JB wants to hold his last strike until after he has questioned all remaining 15 PJs. That is what I am understanding.

That might be what he WANTS to do, but as soon as there are 12, he will have to use it again.

I think that they have gone through 140 people, that is plenty enough to find a jury!!!

What does he expect, the whole state of Florida to parade through there to find a jury?

JP spoke to the high judge over the courtroom and that judge has made accomodations so that JP won't have to be kicked out.

Thanks ynot for having those drinks ready, I need one or two after all that.

I gotta go pay some taxes to State of FL right now.

Maybe it will help this case out some.

Good grief! I was set to leave the office when they said 5 minute break and here I am how long later finally leaving and now they have a break. I have a question...when the SA tried to strike the AA woman there was a Batson challenge. Could the DT have used that again?

I could be wrong, but I believe gitana said that only one challenge can be used on a juror.

I have to feel that this is a more than a lunch break. Something else is going on here. I can't imagine JP giving them a 1 1/2 hr lunch break after he just talked about how stretched for time they are.

YAY! I'm good with Monday! Take the rest of the week and Saturday - Move the people to Orange County on Sunday to let them get settled.

:great:

The cat with the burnt tail reminded me - the most common reason for house fires is not smoking as many think - it is from putting candles on window sills when there are venetian or plastic blinds above them. FYI

Anyone know what the Judge meant about his instructions regarding 2 particular jurors? I missed the seat numbers, and who they were. TIA.

IF...I have been so afraid of a tiny word in my whole life...

Please, God, let them a have a jury by Saturday!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove