2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For lunch today I am preparing Grits for a gritsmeal and some tongue and cheek! Anyone interested?

I think Pinellas Co needs the courthouse on Thursday, and JP said that he can have it Fri and Sat....is that correct?

no, he said they originally have it thru cob tomorrow.. but now they have it thru cob saturday

Thanks ynot for having those drinks ready, I need one or two after all that.

I gotta go pay some taxes to State of FL right now.

Maybe it will help this case out some.

That kept going through my brain while viewing this morning. . . how many attys and the judge @ sidebar/recess/whining to the judge? I was ticking off the numbers . . . $200 per hour/per Atty + court costs + costs of deputies + media costs + transcription costs + + + + + for a total of Bizillions of dollars for the FL taxpayer. Lil Miss KC never dreamed she could cost so many people so much money, nor did she envision her name in headlines along side of Osama Bin Laden and Michael Jackson. Totally blows my mind!

Hating IS......it's all about the game of Lawyering and not much about administering justice. Need to have Fox get on having a Court Channel so I don't bite my lip through trying to listen to IS. They need to do for justice what they did for everyday news delivery.

As a Florida taxpayer I just find this whole process maddening......and especially considering this is not a complicated case.........why do we let these people get away with this.......guess it's how the Tea Party was born eh?

For lunch today I am preparing Grits for a gritsmeal and some tongue and cheek! Anyone interested?

Oh man, I could so use a big ol' bowl of grits with butter and salt...southern comfort food, LOL!

YAY! I'm good with Monday! Take the rest of the week and Saturday - Move the people to Orange County on Sunday to let them get settled.

:great:

Softail,
I now have doubts that the trial will start on Monday.
JBP said they will start Monday at 9am IF they have a Jury.

IF being the keyword

IMO not going to happen...Mason/Baez will make sure of that...and IMO Mason will threaten with some appeal to the Federal Level...

Talking Heads on IS not being very positive towards JBP :maddening:

Perhaps the long lunch is because they need to have more people come in. IIRC they only had 5 for today, and been through 1. So that is only 4 for this afternoon, and CJBP said because of the motion by the DT this morning, they would be staying late today.

As a citizen of the State of Florida, Orange County, Orlando ... I say bring it on home !! She wants a jury of her peers ... bring it back home and lets get her a jury of her peers right here from her home turf, those who have been paying for her defense all along. Our public education system is getting cut like a piece of priceless Swiss cheese, meanwhile we sit and watch these ridiculous games knowing who is footing the bill in the long-run. NO jury is ever going to be perfect, that's what evidence and the whole trial process is all about. If you have something to prove, prove it, and if you have a solid defense, lay it out and PROVE your client is innocent. The whole thing makes me sick.

That's what I heard.

Me too, but there seemed to be some confusion here about JP having the courtroom THRU Saturday. So, it is with the exception of Thursday then. TY

Good morning all my WS friends! :seeya:

WHAT is going on??? All I keep reading is sidebars, etc.:banghead:

For whomever is keeping score - State used a peremptory on the last potential juror so they are down to 3 (or 4 depending on who has the right tally...)

DT = 1 strike left

State = 4 strikes left (I think). Nursebemee is keeping a close eye as well.

Thanks,

Mel

bringing ynot's post over from the other thread:

could hhjp be referring to the two jurors that have plans?

3308: grandma to the baseball game guy
3185: nephew getting married or graduating or something

(I don't have their seat numbers... but these are the only two I have notes on that had plans they were willing to put on hold)

I think he's telling the attorneys that these people have plans on hold so if you're planning on striking them, do it now.. Don't keep them guessing and don't make them cancel their plans for nothing.

As much as I despise doing it I think I am going to log off and go exercise for awhile. I skipped this morning because I didn't want to miss JP swearing in the jury. Maybe the exercise will help relieve some of the stress from this morning too. lol

As a citizen of the State of Florida, Orange County, Orlando ... I say bring it on home !! She wants a jury of her peers ... bring it back home and lets get her a jury of her peers right here from her home turf, those who have been paying for her defense all along. Our public education system is getting cut like a piece of priceless Swiss cheese, meanwhile we sit and watch these ridiculous games knowing who is footing the bill in the long-run. NO jury is ever going to be perfect, that's what evidence and the whole trial process is all about. If you have something to prove, prove it, and if you have a solid defense, lay it out and PROVE your client is innocent. The whole thing makes me sick.

Welcome_aboard_trek_sign_s.jpg

YAY! I'm good with Monday! Take the rest of the week and Saturday - Move the people to Orange County on Sunday to let them get settled.

:great:

Monday not good for me <sigh> ... I have three meetings on new clients which will take up the whole day <sigh> :>(

According to Trutv they have today and tommarrow to have a full jury seated becuase the courtroom has another trial starting on Friday.
bbm
JP said that other trial was set to begin Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove