2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a citizen of the State of Florida, Orange County, Orlando ... I say bring it on home !! She wants a jury of her peers ... bring it back home and lets get her a jury of her peers right here from her home turf, those who have been paying for her defense all along. Our public education system is getting cut like a piece of priceless Swiss cheese, meanwhile we sit and watch these ridiculous games knowing who is footing the bill in the long-run. NO jury is ever going to be perfect, that's what evidence and the whole trial process is all about. If you have something to prove, prove it, and if you have a solid defense, lay it out and PROVE your client is innocent. The whole thing makes me sick.

Welcome Mamatimeless!

I think we all feel very much the same way p unfortunately, as we are all very tired of hearing at this point, the burden is on the state to prove her guilt. The defense doesn't have to do a thing. And they might not.

Softail,
I now have doubts that the trial will start on Monday.
JBP said they will start Monday at 9am IF they have a Jury.

IF being the keyword

IMO not going to happen...Mason/Baez will make sure of that...and IMO Mason will threaten with some appeal to the Federal Level...

Talking Heads on IS not being very positive towards JBP :maddening:

I don't have any doubt! I'm remaining positive! I think by Saturday is more than enough time!

IS usually has it wrong! I don't pay much attention to them, except for Mike B! :great:

Oh man, I could so use a big ol' bowl of grits with butter and salt...southern comfort food, LOL!

I'm doing the comfort food thang too! Just ate 2 sausage pancakes on a stick (my sons) and i NEVER eat those, nor am I supposed to.

Bad Melanie!

Welcome to WS Mamatimeless!! Glad you stepped out of lurkdom!

I imagine JB wanted that extra 15 minutes in order to file another one of his motions. It certainly couldn't be that he needs that long for a sammich.

MOO

Mel

Unless you are prepping that sammich for trial .. hehehe sorry, couldn't resist!

Me too, but there seemed to be some confusion here about JP having the courtroom THRU Saturday. So, it is with the exception of Thursday then. TY

he said they had it tomorrow... (and tomorrow is thursday):waitasec:

Hating IS......it's all about the game of Lawyering and not much about administering justice. Need to have Fox get on having a Court Channel so I don't bite my lip through trying to listen to IS. They need to do for justice what they did for everyday news delivery.

As a Florida taxpayer I just find this whole process maddening......and especially considering this is not a complicated case.........why do we let these people get away with this.......guess it's how the Tea Party was born eh?

Florida taxpayers have my sympathy!! This is such a perverse use of the system. I would go as far as to call it an abomination.

I think HHJP just misspoke when he said Pasco county - but he did say it and it threw me for a loop.

I am so glad the State excersided a strike on that last guy. Maybe that's why JB needed an extra 15 minuets at lunch - he had to drive that guy home. :crazy:

I have complete confidence in HHJP and that we will have a jury and this will all start on Monday!

There are 3 people to blame for this long process and cost and they are JB, CA, and GA

I'm doing the comfort food thang too! Just ate 2 sausage pancakes on a stick (my sons) and i NEVER eat those, nor am I supposed to.

Bad Melanie!

I have been good so far.......salads for lunch. I'm making a big ol' pot of chicken and dumplins' for JB's opening statement though, either that or a box o' wine to sit between my feet and a really long straw.

As a citizen of the State of Florida, Orange County, Orlando ... I say bring it on home !! She wants a jury of her peers ... bring it back home and lets get her a jury of her peers right here from her home turf, those who have been paying for her defense all along. Our public education system is getting cut like a piece of priceless Swiss cheese, meanwhile we sit and watch these ridiculous games knowing who is footing the bill in the long-run. NO jury is ever going to be perfect, that's what evidence and the whole trial process is all about. If you have something to prove, prove it, and if you have a solid defense, lay it out and PROVE your client is innocent. The whole thing makes me sick.

BBM: ITA.

:welcome5:

Here's the problem I have and hate me if you must but. Finding out if they could have the courtroom could have ALREADY been dealt with, drama for nothing. AND Making threats that OPENING STATEMENTS WILL START MONDAY AT 9 AM, (oh, errr, if we have a jury)............is crap.

Yes, I agree. Made me cringe when he came back and said a phone call fixed this 'huge' problem. He lost face...

Ask, and you shall receive...

salad-bar1.jpg

http://carlykrysak.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/salad-bar1.jpg

While I agree, legal wise, the jury has to be "impartial" which will extremely hard to find where the crime took place because of all the media coverage.

I'm thinking his reasoning is that Florida, like other US states, is in dire financial straits. They can't afford this trial to mess up, JPerry only has a certain budget until the new fiscal year. I can't imagine all the balls he is juggling, I don't know how he does it.

Just as an FYI, the new state fiscal year starts July 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove