2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to feel that this is a more than a lunch break. Something else is going on here. I can't imagine JP giving them a 1 1/2 hr lunch break after he just talked about how stretched for time they are.

Maybe it's for a certain table to find a way to pull their heads out of their a$$e$. Sorry - don't know a more clearer way to say it.

But something is up. Oh well, time to get the mail, go to the bank and do all those work things.

HAs CM been there all morning?? And did something happen prior to say oh...10am est that I missed?? Thanks!! Hugs and kisses to all!!

Oh man, I could so use a big ol' bowl of grits with butter and salt...southern comfort food, LOL!

ONLY way to eat 'em! Sometimes a lil black pepper, too. I want to bang someone on the head when I see them adding sugar or syrup to their grits. :nono:

I can't see how we won't have a jury by Monday.

There are 15 remaining PJ's, and only 4 strikes total from the 2 sides. That knocks the PJ's down to 11, only 1 needed for the jury to be sworn in, leaves 10 for possible alternates. Let's just say due to "cause" 3 or 4 of those go out, plus the 2 strikes for alternates. That leaves around 5 or 6 alternates. Plenty to go to trial.

IMO this will start Monday morning.

don't make me race you over there.

I don't want to assault a WS LEO!!!!!

eta: that's an e-felony right? :floorlaugh:

Don't worry, I won't press charges as long as you don't make me spill my drink! :floorlaugh:

I have been good so far.......salads for lunch. I'm making a big ol' pot of chicken and dumplins' for JB's opening statement though, either that or a box o' wine to sit between my feet and a really long straw.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Her "strut" is back with a ferocious force that grows each day and with each entrance and exit (why does this still shock me?)

Monday not good for me <sigh> ... I have three meetings on new clients which will take up the whole day <sigh> :>(

I won't be able to watch all next week :banghead: I will have to tape IS and that ends at 3pm, so I am going to miss a lot :banghead:

I think HHJP just misspoke when he said Pasco county - but he did say it and it threw me for a loop.

I am so glad the State excersided a strike on that last guy. Maybe that's why JB needed an extra 15 minuets at lunch - he had to drive that guy home. :crazy:

I have complete confidence in HHJP and that we will have a jury and this will all start on Monday!

BBM...........Thanks for the Out Loud Laugh.........You don't know how bad I needed that! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great:

There are 15 remaining PJ's, and only 4 strikes total from the 2 sides. That knocks the PJ's down to 11, only 1 needed for the jury to be sworn in, leaves 10 for possible alternates. Let's just say due to "cause" 3 or 4 of those go out, plus the 2 strikes for alternates. That leaves around 5 or 6 alternates. Plenty to go to trial.

The way things have been going we will most likely have a jury when the Jaguars win their first Super Bowl.

Does anyone know WHY the last guy (sorry, PJ) was let go?

I have been good so far.......salads for lunch. I'm making a big ol' pot of chicken and dumplins' for JB's opening statement though, either that or a box o' wine to sit between my feet and a really long straw.

I don't know. As fast as his mouth moves he could choke on a dumpling. :crazy:
I do go for the wine. Although listening to all of this could cause my wine to become a spitzer!
Hee hee hee.

ONLY way to eat 'em! Sometimes a lil black pepper, too. I want to bang someone on the head when I see them adding sugar or syrup to their grits. :nono:
yea - true grit lovin' southern girl here. My grammy used to put sugar in hers - YUCK! Yankee DH never ate grits until he got a hold of me - now he loves them too!

Oh and there's the age old sayings that go with them

G = girls
R = raised
I = in
T = the
S = South

And my old hat

S = Southern
W = woman
A = Aging
G = gracefully

Loved both books too BTW.

As a citizen of the State of Florida, Orange County, Orlando ... I say bring it on home !! She wants a jury of her peers ... bring it back home and lets get her a jury of her peers right here from her home turf, those who have been paying for her defense all along. Our public education system is getting cut like a piece of priceless Swiss cheese, meanwhile we sit and watch these ridiculous games knowing who is footing the bill in the long-run. NO jury is ever going to be perfect, that's what evidence and the whole trial process is all about. If you have something to prove, prove it, and if you have a solid defense, lay it out and PROVE your client is innocent. The whole thing makes me sick.

:welcome:

There are 3 people to blame for this long process and cost and they are JB, CA, and GA

While we are all frustrated, there is really no "blame" to be placed for the process itself. Everything has to be done properly in order to avoid simple appeals (which you know the DT will be attempting when all is said and done). The process may be long and costly, but if it wasn't, there'd be a lot more criminals walking our streets.

Well, I just ate my 2nd FlufferNutter sandwich within 15 minutes waiting for this!!! UGH!

From your lips to God's ears.

I think HHJP just misspoke when he said Pasco county - but he did say it and it threw me for a loop.

I am so glad the State excersided a strike on that last guy. Maybe that's why JB needed an extra 15 minuets at lunch - he had to drive that guy home. :crazy:

I have complete confidence in HHJP and that we will have a jury and this will all start on Monday!

He said Judicial Circuit 6 which is Pinellas and Pasco counties.

Her "strut" is back with a ferocious force that grows each day and with each entrance and exit (why does this still shock me?)

ITA. I don't get it - doesn't the DT have some sort of Jury Expert to refer to? Their behavior is almost constantly inappropriate IMO, including KC. With the exception of AF. I can excuse her falling asleep (or seeming to) being as she was obviously very ill and more than likely to the gills with OTC cold meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling