2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any info on who the two jurors are in seats 10 and 5o-something I think? CJBP advised the lawyers about them specially. :waitasec:

I imagine JB wanted that extra 15 minutes in order to file another one of his motions. It certainly couldn't be that he needs that long for a sammich.

MOO

Mel

I have to feel that this is a more than a lunch break. Something else is going on here. I can't imagine JP giving them a 1 1/2 hr lunch break after he just talked about how stretched for time they are.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the DT is up to something..........:banghead:

Here's the problem I have and hate me if you must but. Finding out if they could have the courtroom could have ALREADY been dealt with, drama for nothing. AND Making threats that OPENING STATEMENTS WILL START MONDAY AT 9 AM, (oh, errr, if we have a jury)............is crap.
I think maybe the Judge requested at some other point in time longer for the court room and was told no. This was his way to get the extra time. A little backroom politics MOO

I just thought we might all need a reminder

Attachments

• CAYLEE ANTHONY 3.jpg
    CAYLEE ANTHONY 3.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 13
I think Pinellas Co needs the courthouse on Thursday, and JP said that he can have it Fri and Sat....is that correct?

Anybody get the gist of what Judge P said just before they broke for lunch? I heard somebody was going to accommodate with a facility, just not who?

Pinellas Chief Judge said they could have use of the courtroom Friday and Saturday.

IMO...They will be as accommodating as they can in Pinellas..they are not going to throw JBP et al out...

Here's the problem I have and hate me if you must but. Finding out if they could have the courtroom could have ALREADY been dealt with, drama for nothing. AND Making threats that OPENING STATEMENTS WILL START MONDAY AT 9 AM, (oh, errr, if we have a jury)............is crap.

I totally agree. I was like "Booyah!" when he said opening statements would begin Monday. Then he had to add the dreaded IF WE HAVE A JURY. :banghead:

I think HHJP says stuff like that to get it on the record for his reputation/responsibilities/status.

For whomever is keeping score - State used a peremptory on the last potential juror so they are down to 3 (or 4 depending on who has the right tally...)

bringing ynot's post over from the other thread:

ynot said: Who are jurors in seats 10 and 50-something and why would CJBP advise the lawyers about them?

could hhjp be referring to the two jurors that have plans?

3308: grandma to the baseball game guy
3185: nephew getting married or graduating or something

(I don't have their seat numbers... but these are the only two I have notes on that had plans they were willing to put on hold)

IF...I have been so afraid of a tiny word in my whole life...

Please, God, let them a have a jury by Saturday!!!!

According to Trutv they have today and tommarrow to have a full jury seated becuase the courtroom has another trial starting on Friday.

The DT didn't want this guy! They would never want anyone that could possibly take money out of their pockets (especially since they know about the PJ being a playwright). What the DT did was take a page right out of bluff 101...They bluffed the SA into using one of their strikes. If the SA would not have striked the PJ, beleive me the DT would have.

I just thought we might all need a reminder

*sigh* every time I see a picture of her, I want to cry...and I want justice for her EVEN MORE!

Pinellas Chief Judge said they could have use of the courtroom Friday and Saturday.

IMO...They will be as accommodating as they can in Pinellas..they are not going to throw JBP et al out...

I'm sure that the county and its businesses are raking in some moolah with all of the reporters and media staying in town.

I'm thinking his reasoning is that Florida, like other US states, is in dire financial straits. They can't afford this trial to mess up, JPerry only has a certain budget until the new fiscal year. I can't imagine all the balls he is juggling, I don't know how he does it.

Was the juror excused the one who was on the stand this morning?

Me thinks there is something up Baez's sleeve. When he asked JP for the session to start at 1:00 how I wished HH would have said NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez