2011.05.19 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Ten)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, LKB ex-attorney of ICA annoys the pee out of me! She is dreaming if she thinks that the jury selection will be ICA's appeals issue. Not gonna happen cause HHJBP is no idiot and followed the law. His way of doing it is not unusual for the state of Fla., and not uncommon in death penalty cases. recently they chose a jury for another dp case in 1 1/2 weeks.

Did she mention if she has another book coming out? I guess the last one paid for the major lipo and the face lift....:innocent:

I believe she was the first at bat today. Very heart wrenching. She sounded like she would be a good jurror for the state till she spoke about that. I don't see how there could of been any dry eyes in there.

Did they show ICA's face when the PJ was talking?

Jean C on HLN's is saying the defense won the battle today :(

I just cringe when I hear this....

Jean C is so wishy-washy....when she is on Vinnie's show, she seems to favor the DT but when she is on Nancy Grace show, she favors the SA. She's acting just like ICA...she changes to fit in with who she is with at the time.:banghead:

I'm looking forward to, but dreading open statements. I don't know how the jurors, after hearing the SA, are not going to form an opinion right then and there. Just the few sentences he uttered that one time when he was describing what happened to Caylee made me bawl. I'm going to be a mess by the time he's done on Monday (hopefully, if there are no more delays).

ITA...I got myself a big box of puffs ready and waiting along with some visine for my red eyes.

I'm throwing all my chips in the pot that all 4 remaining strikes will be used tmrw before the swearing in of the 12 jurors... SA uses all 3 on guys and DT uses one on the IT juror.
Care to bet your chips?

JMO

Jean C on HLN's is saying the defense won the battle today :(

I just cringe when I hear this....
Seriously, now that's an entertainment show if there ever was one. Two things are important to these shows: Ratings and $$$.

Jean C is so wishy-washy....when she is on Vinnie's show, she seems to favor the DT but when she is on Nancy Grace show, she favors the SA. She's acting just like ICA...she changes to fit in with who she is with at the time.:banghead:

For this reason I simply cannot watch trutv, vinnie, jean c, beth k or any of them! They are soooo pro DT without a question. I do love me some Nancy though! LOL Bombshell tonite!!!!:floorlaugh:

I'm throwing all my chips in the pot that all 4 remaining strikes will be used tmrw before the swearing in of the 12 jurors... SA uses all 3 on guys and DT uses one on the IT juror.
Care to bet your chips?

JMO

IF the State uses any strikes, the only juror, at this very moment that I believe they would strike is the guy who was pretty indecisive about the DP. He was 2nd today, I believe?

I am so afraid the defense is going to muddy up the waters with some phoney baloney story they have practiced for years and get her off of 1st degree murder. I bet she doesn't go for LWOP even if convicted. Maybe some sort of neglect charge or something. maybe out with good behavior. Supposedly not many of these jurors know the whole story so they may fall for the defense junk.

5x50sg.jpg

I got these 2 together...:floorlaugh:

My new desktop pic. Thank you!!:floorlaugh:

IF I was being questioned by JB and he said the "Nancy Grace Entertainment Show" I would reply "I don't really find anything entertaining about missing and murdered victims... sad that you find it entertaining!"

I am so afraid the defense is going to muddy up the waters with some phoney baloney story they have practiced for years and get her off of 1st degree murder. I bet she doesn't go for LWOP even if convicted. Maybe some sort of neglect charge or something. maybe out with good behavior. Supposedly not many of these jurors know the whole story so they may fall for the defense junk.

Not gonna happen on JA, LDB & FG's watch, guarantee it. They have a tep by step of how things went down and will draw a crystal clear picture of ICA icewater running through her veins.

HHJP called their bluff..... said there is no menu.. they can call them as they want to in what order they want to. The dt is very unprepared.

hope that helps

Awww, you mean we don't get a printed program with order of performance? :maddening:

Defense has mentioned accident, and the lesser charge of manslaughter. Hmmmm....

Also, KC's brain is underdeveloped so she thinks like a - insert age here -.

Hmmm...

that wasn't the point as I understood it... the DT wanted the order the state has their witnesses testifying!!! (the state I am sure has already coordinated their flights etc)... HHJP said they do NOT have to give the ORDER...

moo

I saw Mr. George give a hooty laugh as soon as that left JB's mouth. No way that's going to happen. Giving their witnesses in the order that the SA is going to have them testify is almost like handing them a map with the battle plan drawn on it.

If that was beyond them, I'd have thought they would have been carrying a numerical log listing of what is in each file and where it is.

I am having horrific visions of Finnell or Mason jogging to one or both of those little rooms and frantically going through boxes - just making the files an even worse mess, :banghead: - while the witness sits in the box, waiting and we sit here screaming and pounding on our screens....:crazy:

Okay, in defense of the defense, and this is hard to do, the state has a zillion more witnesses than the DT is going to offer. And it will be hard to be prepared in a moment's notice. BUT IT CAN BE DONE. That was my college job for my dad. He was a defense attorney and his files were in the back of a van. In the morning he would find out who was up and we would run to the parking lot and retrieve any missing files. NOT THAT HARD TO DO.

The defense could have EVERYTHING in the hotel, leave someone back there, it is very close. Then in the morning they call and have it sent. Not a big deal.
ETA:
Also, once the trial begins you usually know who is going to be coming up next. The testimony usually follows a timeline or some narrative. It is not that hard to keep up with what will be next. As the judge said, they both can go in any order they want, and do not have to tell the other side beforehand.

:lol: Vinnie is talking about his "friend" who went to the jury selection today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean